You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Universe Discussion: Least Talked about Elements?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Universe Discussion: Least Talked about Elements?
DracGaming
Clone Trooper
posted 12-05-16 05:04 PM EDT (US)         
So, I just started this thread because I was curious about something regarding both canon and legends continuity.

Here it is: what do you feel is the least talked about element of the Star Wars Universe, but feel hasn't been touched upon enough? For example, I rarely see any major Star Wars titles that thoroughly explain otherspace (a realm of reality only touched upon once in the expanded universe). What about Darth Plagueis, who is only ever mentioned once in the prequel trilogy (although theory suggests he might be Snoke), despite having some rather deep lore in novellas and other mediums.

I'd like to see what you guys think.
AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 12-05-16 05:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
Ruthenium. It doesn't even have a mention anywhere on Wookieepedia!

In fact... Wookieepedia only cites the following real elements:
Hydrogen (1)
Deuterium (1)*
Tritium (1)*
Helium (2)
Lithium (3)
Boron (5)
Carbon (6)
Nitrogen (7)
Oxygen (8)
Fluorine (9)
Neon (10)
(No love for Beryllium )

Sodium (11)
Magnesium (12)
Aluminum (13)
Silicon (14)
Phosphorous (15)
Sulfur (16)
Chlorine (17)
Argon (18)
(A full set!)

Potassium (19)
Calcium (20)
Titanium (22)
Vanadanium (23)
Chromium (24)
Manganese (25)
Iron (26)
Cobalt (27)
Nickel (28)
Copper (29)
Gallium (31)
Selenium (34)
Krypton (36)
(Because screw you, Scandium, Zinc, Germanium (okay, that's understandable), Arsenic (?!), and Bromine!)

Yttrium (39)
Rhodium (45)
Palladium (46)
Silver (47)
Cadmium (48)
Tin (50)
Iodine (53)
Xenon (54)
(Screw it, it's more effort to list everything they didn't include)

Cesium (55)
Lanthanide** (57)
Ytterbium (70)
Gadolinium (64)
Osmium (76)
Iridium (77)
Platinum (78)
Gold (79)
Mercury (80)
Thallium (81)
Lead (82)
Polonium (84)

Uranium (92)
Plutonium (94)
(Most actinides are named for real people and places, so this at least makes some sense)

And these fictional ones:
Aurodium - Turns out, it's not Space Gold. It lacks a specific color, and instead sparkles.
Bastelt - exists
Bospridium - Eats flesh and circuitry. Possible halogen?
Desh - Metal.
Ditanium - Metal.
Graxitium - Used in repulsor circuitry
Heldrium - Exists
Hrucium - Has an isotope with a mass of 5. From TOR. Bioware should know better than this.
Hyperbaride - Actually a group, so the -ide is correct.
Ilinium - Used in prosthetics
Malium - Exists
Maranium - Explosive, glows purple when it detonates.
Neutronium - F**k you, Saxton.
Plumbum (coexists with lead...?) - "Element that is mined."
Quadranium -
Regvis - Used in truth serum with bospridium
Terenthium - Alloys with desh
Tursturin - Generates lots of energy when heated to 4000 degrees; used to power Cloud City. Only found on Corellia.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 12-05-2016 @ 07:04 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 12-05-16 06:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
Vandanium (23)
You misspelled vanadium.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 12-05-16 06:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
I am amazed by the amount of effort put into a sarcastic response.

To the actual question, I'm tempted to say Wraith Squadron, because four books about them wasn't enough.

Or effort to actually have ambiguity, not enough of that in the SW verse. . .

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-05-16 07:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Sarcastic is too harsh. I read the title and knew what I'd post.

It's tongue-in-cheek. Actually, besides actual science... it's hard to think of anything in the Legends canon that isn't terribly overexposed. That was basically major factor in its decline. And the new canon is so new that you can't accuse anything of underexposure, overexposure... it just isn't there yet.

Wraith Squadron is fair. Or Maarek Stele. Fel went from overexposed to... well, I don't dislike Legacy, but by the same token, having Jag Fel become the first Emperor of the Fel Dynasty is a bit handy.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 12-05-2016 @ 07:12 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 12-05-16 07:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
Or effort to actually have ambiguity, not enough of that in the SW verse. . .
Hence my well-known love of KotOR2, the only real attempt at ambiguity and nuance that I'm aware of in the SW universe.
I don't dislike Legacy
I like the idea of Legacy--if I ever ran another SW RPG that is probably the era I'd set it in--but I feel like certain aspects of the implementation were wanting.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-05-16 08:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
The only downside to it is the story itself is rather self-contained. I suppose you could detail the clashes between the Fel and Krayt Empires, or the war with the Galactic Alliance leading up...

And we won't go into Legacy Volume 2.
I like the idea of Legacy--if I ever ran another SW RPG that is probably the era I'd set it in--but I feel like certain aspects of the implementation were wanting.
Hmm. We'd need a map of some sort, too... <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 12-05-2016 @ 08:57 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 12-05-16 09:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
To be honest, I've never read the comics; everything I know about them comes from the SAGA edition Legacy Era Sourcebook. And yeah, the Fel Empire vs. Krayt Empire is definitely the aspect I'd focus on.

All of that is purely hypothetical, of course: I don't have a group anymore and haven't for years.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 12-05-16 09:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
The Clone Commandos working in the galactic Republic... That's what I think is very less talked about. Clone Commandos added a unique element, at least in my opinion, to the clone wars series and they're not that talked about, aside from the books and their video game. Too bad nobody ever explored into what Delta Squad's future is like after they were inducted into the empire. We also never get to figure out the conclusion as to what happened to Sev after he was left on Kashhyyk.
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 12-07-16 02:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
You're right in the regard that we never did find out what happened to Sev, but I wouldn't say that five books and a video game warrants underexposure.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-07-16 03:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
I think Sev's disappearance and the lack of closure was a part of the overall theme of RC, too. "This one isn't the fairytale of the magical boy with a sword who slays dragons. These men die... or just disappear. And no one is the wiser."

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 12-08-16 03:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
Yeah okay, but what about--
Dammit, I can't remember. There was something I had on the tip of my tongue, but for the life of me, I can't remember!
Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 12-08-16 07:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
The least discussed bit of Star Wars is the Class I frigate. It is never discussed anywhere, and we can only infer its existence from the fairly obscure Class II frigate.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-08-16 08:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
Yeah okay, but what about--
Dammit, I can't remember. There was something I had on the tip of my tongue, but for the life of me, I can't remember!
Then wait until you remember before you post a reply? Please?
The least discussed bit of Star Wars is the Class I frigate. It is never discussed anywhere, and we can only infer its existence from the fairly obscure Class II frigate.
Eh. At least there's some tangential evidence that it exists. Ruthenium doesn't even have that much.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 12-08-16 08:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
At least there's some tangential evidence that it exists.
"What other kind of evidence can I bring against a man who covers his tracks so well?"
"That's a circular argument and you know it!"

EDIT: Holy crap, I had no idea that Luther Sloan was nearly played by Martin Sheen.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 12-08-2016 @ 08:43 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 12-08-16 09:02 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
If ever there was a more illusive man...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 12-08-16 09:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
Can you imagine the headcanons and crossovers that would have resulted from Sloan and TIM being played by the same actor? It's bad enough that Sloan and Odo are both in Fallout: New Vegas working together.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 12-09-16 08:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
Does Midi-chlorians count in this topic?

Or what about The Force planet or the Force Priestesses?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 12-09-2016 @ 08:19 AM).]

DracGaming
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-16 08:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
I didn't realize just how many people here are actually versed in Legends Lore! Great to see what everyone has on mind!

Keep up the good work. I'll have a real comment once I can collect my thoughts...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames