You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.38 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Your Favorite Lightsaber Fight?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your Favorite Lightsaber Fight?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-26-16 03:46 AM EDT (US)         

Which Lightsaber Duel was your favorite?

Episode I

Episode II

Episode III

Episode IV

Episode V

Episode VI

NOTE - I am not adding episode 7 in there as well, just the classic trilogy and the prequel trilogies... Sorry.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-26-2016 @ 03:49 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 10-26-16 07:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 38       
http://www.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,341980,0,365

My response is already recorded.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-26-16 11:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 38       
Yeah I know... I just thought the topic would make more sense in SWGB Heaven.

Though I could be wrong.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-26-2016 @ 11:20 AM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-26-16 11:20 AM EDT (US)     3 / 38       
Wow, that thread is...wow.

My favorite lightsaber fight:

Though I have to say, while action sequences are one thing that rarely stands out as being better in the book, this one was. Neither Inigo Montoya nor Westly managed to sell me that they were exceptional duelists in the film. Of course, deliberate campiness is the name of the game in the film, so there's that.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 10-26-16 11:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 38       
I'm quite fond of the Palpatine vs Maul vs Savage duel in The Clone Wars, mostly because I like to think that Palpatine is a surrogate for the viewer. He sees Maul and Savage gallivanting around with Black Sun and declaring themselves Mandalore and threatening to make the Clone Wars into some sort of weird three-way and he's all like "That's enough of that" and then steps in to restore some sanity to the whole thing. It made me hope all the stupid plots in TCW would be resolved by Palpatine beating someone up.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-26-16 12:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38       
It made me hope all the stupid plots in TCW would be resolved by Palpatine beating someone up.
Why is this not something that happened?

Anyway, saw this one again recently, and while I never could get into SWTOR, I thought all their cinematics were pretty good (though the one on Alderaan was just full of WTF moments, like that weird force-push-defends-against-lightsabre-stab-to-the-point-where-PURE-ENERGY-BEAM-STARTS-TO-CRACK moment) and I liked the fight in this one. It was very glitzy and showy, but looked pretty and incorporated force use into the fight well, in ways that lots of lightsabre fights just don't.

Love how no one has actually answered Keno's quesion yet tho.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-26-16 01:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 38       
No, she was using Force Absorb. Used to be it just worked on blasters... but Jennifer Hale is awesome enough to make it work on lightsaber stabs.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-26-16 03:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38       
It made me hope all the stupid plots in TCW would be resolved by Palpatine beating someone up.
I feel like that would have gone something like this.

"And then Palpatine killed everyone."
Love how no one has actually answered Keno's quesion yet tho.
He asked about fifteen years too late for most of us to care.
No, she was using Force Absorb. Used to be it just worked on blasters...
Since when? In the P&P RPG at least it worked on any energy weapon, including lightsabers. Same with Jedi Academy. And KotOR2.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-26-16 07:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38       
Well, in the games you never actually caught a lightsaber blade.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-26-16 08:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38       
True; in both games it was basically just a shield. I know one of the P&P books--don't recall if it was RCR or SAGA--depicted a Jedi using it to stop a lightsaber blade with his/her hand, though.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-26-16 08:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 38       
Well, it was my first exposure to Catching the Katana.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-16 03:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 38       
WOW... I've been waiting for this topic to get a response and it does not light up as an active topic until I click on it and realize it's been answered with 10 posts already! Why didn't it say anything!?

Seriously, which lightsaber duel was your favorite and yes, I also said which scene in which episode too.

Here, I'll start: Episode 3, Anakin Skywalker vs Obi-Wan Kenobi. Now you guys go.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 11-01-2016 @ 03:14 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-16 03:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38       
I also said which scene
Hamlet V.2

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 11-01-2016 @ 03:25 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-01-16 03:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38       
Motto Rabu Rabu Sakusen Desu Vol. 5, Ch 33. Pg 1.

Anakin versus Obi-Wan was overblown and dragged on too long until the moment that the entire trilogy was built around became boring and irritating.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-16 04:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38       
Anakin versus Obi-Wan was overblown and dragged on too long until the moment that the entire trilogy was built around became boring and irritating.
Agreed. Honestly, all of the Prequel fights were well choreographed but lacked the effective storytelling of the OT fights. Like the PT themselves, they were flashy but vacuous.

To give a serious answer, then, my favorite would probably be the Luke vs. Vader fight from RotJ, which was a nice balance of choreography and storytelling.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-01-16 04:40 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38       
Yoda vs Dooku. So deep.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-01-16 07:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38       
Dammit Iso, he's going to think you're serious.

Empress Fumiko
Clone Trooper
(id: BananaTrooper)
posted 11-01-16 11:11 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38       
My favourite lightsaber fight was Echuu Shen-Jon vs Sev'rance Tann.

I love China, I love Japan, I love Vietnam. (I'm very fun in island dispute discussions.)
Take everything I say with a bucket of salt.
Perpetually hungry and searching for cheese and pineapples.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-02-16 08:46 AM EDT (US)     18 / 38       
That was a good one. How about Echuu versus Vader?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-16 10:01 AM EDT (US)     19 / 38       
How about Echuu versus Vader?
That's right up there with Ep.4 Obi-Wan vs. Vader, where apparently the hips and waist are the only part of the body allowed to move during the fight. *the awkward moment when you realize lightsaber fights are actually bellydancing*

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-02-16 11:19 AM EDT (US)     20 / 38       
...No, if that were the case, there'd be a Mara vs Leia "practice" duel in every book and comic.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-16 01:24 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38       
My favourite lightsaber fight was Echuu Shen-Jon vs Sev'rance Tann.
Yeah, actually that one was pretty good... Okay, I'll go with that one. Sad that there's no video of that one.
That was a good one. How about Echuu versus Vader?
That actually happened in the rebel campaign of SWGB Saga and Echuu took the Vor'Na'Tu and shattered it before the fight commenced, if I remember correctly.
Yoda vs Dooku. So deep.
Okay, I know that wasn't supposed to sound sexual, but...
*stifled laughter*

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 11-02-2016 @ 01:28 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-16 02:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 38       
No, not even.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-16 10:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 38       
I'm Sorry, ISO.

Still though, it was a pretty intense lightsaber duel in Attack of the Clones.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-03-16 10:52 PM EDT (US)     24 / 38       
Yes, blind strokes at nothingness, and shrieking CGI muppets flipping around... visionary filmmaking at its finest.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-16 10:59 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38       
And don't forget Sir Christopher Lee's face badly pasted on a stunt double! He must have regretted agreeing to those films for the rest of his life.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-04-16 11:15 AM EDT (US)     26 / 38       
I think he viewed them like Cushing: not the best work he did, but something for his grandchildren to have fun with. No real regrets, though.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 11-04-16 03:57 PM EDT (US)     27 / 38       
You realize he probably agreed to be in SW because Cushing was in it, right?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 11-04-16 04:14 PM EDT (US)     28 / 38       
...Well, despite their appearances being 25 years apart... I definitely think there was some influence.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 11-04-16 05:07 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38       
Don't think he cared, his best friend still did it

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 11-04-16 06:08 PM EDT (US)     30 / 38       
To be fair, it was no worse than half the things Burton has had him do, so...yeah.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames