Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » The Old Republic
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Old Republic
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-16 09:30 AM EDT (US)         
Pretty much anything related to the Old Republic Era, we talk about it here. At least until from 25,053 BBY (the founding of the Republic), until 1000 BBY (the Seventh Battle of Ruusan and the end of the New Sith Wars).
AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 08-20-16 09:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28       
...Really big on those new threads, aren't ya?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-16 10:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28       
I actually did this so as to not clutter up the Darth Nihilus thread with all of the Old Republic Era references.

By the way, Do you know who was the strongest Sith in the Old Republic?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 08-20-16 10:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28       
Revan, obviously.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-20-16 10:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 28       
Who was the guy that caused multiple supernovas? Was that Exar Kun or someone else?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-16 11:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 28       
I want to say Freedon Nadd or Naga Sadow, but my memory of that timeline is not as sharp as it once was...

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-20-16 01:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28       
Yeah, there's a bunch of people with silly names and similar story lines. Anyway, whichever one had the power to RIP OUT STELLAR CORES... I'm picking him.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-16 01:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28       
Yeah, it seems that Sith Lords with stupid names is a tradition as old as Sith. Take Naga Sadow: naga = snake-person, and Shadow. And then along came the prequels, and then we got stupid mock-Latin Sith names: Sidious, Tyrannus, Nihilus, Plagueis (this may get the award for worst), Nihl...

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-20-16 01:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28       
Eh, at least the fake Latin makes coming up with alternate era Sith names easier, like Darth Vinculus for my Evil Sean Connery.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-16 02:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28       
I'd be tempted to pull a Sith name from Georgian or something just to be different. Darth Ghvardzli? Darth Sidzulvili? Darth Kurdgheli? Or Somali: Darth Qalafsaneyn? Still better than Darth Maleficus or Darth Flufficus.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-20-16 02:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28       
What about Darth Stabbicus? Darth Murdarus? Or the ever original "Darth Stryfe"? Or "Darth Wredd"?

Although, Japanese could also be a good point for extracting some names... extracting something menacing from Ikazuchi or Inazuma (thunder and lightning, respectively) shouldn't be too hard and is less on the nose than, say, Darth Blitz. Or "Arashio" (Stormy Tide) or "Kuroshio" (Black Tide)... <_<

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 08-20-2016 @ 02:41 PM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-16 06:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28       
Well, at least we were talking a bit about the old republic... Excuse me, I got an upload to make.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-20-16 06:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28       
You don't need to announce via post that you have nothing to post about... doing so makes you look like a spammer.

Scholomancer
Clone Trooper
(id: Solomon)
posted 08-20-16 11:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28       
In the old Legacy timeline, (which was going all over the place, mostly over the deep end), I think the most powerful Sith was or should have been the Sith Emperor who ruled during KOTOR1, 2, and the MMORPG. He was probably the most successful, at least.

Considering he was supposed to have lived hundreds, if not thousands of years, and worked from the shadows to ruin the Jedi and conquer half of the known galaxy, then facing down the Republic in a galactic cold war that lasted hundreds of years, that's something no other Sith seemed to have accomplished.

But there wasn't that much developed on it before the KOTOR timeline got shutdown.

Remember to Breathe - Dashboard Confessional
-Here I Am, and here I remain! - Leto Atreides, Dune
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-21-16 02:04 AM EDT (US)     14 / 28       
The Sith Emperor, born as Tenebrae and later known as Lord Vitiate, was a Dark Lord of the Sith and ruler of the Sith Empire. He declared himself as the new Sith Emperor and ruled over the Sith after the Great Hyperspace War. Since his arrival on Dromund Kaas, the Emperor isolated himself from his people and started on his lifelong quest to destroy the entire galaxy and obtain eternal life.

Tenebrae was born during the Golden Age of the Sith, prior to the outbreak of the Great Hyperspace War. He was born on the planet Nathema, one of the fringe worlds of the first Sith Empire. His family were simple farmers who had no connection to the Force. However, when Tenebrae grew older, he started to develop a connection with the Dark Side of the Force and his powers grew significantly. When his father found out about his powers, he started to question his wife and abused her for answers. Tenebrae's mother told them that Tenebrae was related to Dramath, the ruler of Medriaas. Tenebrae was so angry that he killed his father for abusing his mother and battered his mother for months until she died at his hands. After murdering his family, he forced the other villagers to bow down to him. When Dramath became aware of the existence of his son, he payed him a visit and asked him to bow down before him. Tenebrae refused and appeared to be stronger than his biological father and killed him in a duel. After the death of Dramath he became the ruler of Medriaas and managed to impress Dark Lord Marka Ragnos, ruler of the Sith Empire, at the age of thirteen. Marka Ragnos then recognized him as the ruler of Medriaas and renamed him as Lord Vitiate.

After Marka Ragnos died, and the Sith Empire lost the Great Hyperspace War against the Galactic Republic, Lord Vitiate called all living Sith Lords to his world to perform a ritual to wipe out the Republic. However, the ritual was a scam to grant eternal life and he single-handedly wiped out every living thing on the planet, including the Force. After the ritual he lead the surviving Sith into space, fleeing from the Republic and hoping to find a proper planet. After several years floating in space they found Dromund Kaas. Lord Vitiate declared himself as Sith Emperor and promised his people vengeance. Several hundred years passed by and the Sith Empire had become a prominent empire. Around 303 BTC a few Dark Council members started to plot against him, knowing his goal to destroy the Galaxy. When Revan was secretly captured by Darth Nyriss and Lord Scourge, and Meetra Surik managed to contact Scourge, Lord Scourge plotted a move against the Emperor, by letting the Emperor wipe out the entire Dark Council so Scourge could free Revan from his prison. After his release Revan confronted the Emperor but was defeated after Scourge betrayed them. The Emperor then granted Scourge enteral life and named him as the Emperor's Wrath. Revan was captured and imprisoned in the Maelstrom Prison, his thoughts linked to the Emperor's, hoping he could scatter information about the Republic's defenses. Unknown to the Emperor, Revan also managed to manipulate the Emperor, delaying the war as much as possible.

About three hundred years later the Emperor found his armada ready for war against the Republic, and so the Great Galactic War began. After 28 years the Sith Empire managed to win the war, but the Republic wasn't defeated. A peace treaty was settled between the two factions and the Emperor became the ruler of half the Galaxy. During the Cold War, the Emperor was attacked at his Emperor's Fortress but managed to defeat the strike team and brainwashed them as his pawns. One Jedi Knight managed to break free from the Emperor's will and allied with Scourge to take down the Emperor. Eventually, they followed the Emperor to the Dark Temple and defeated the Emperor, destroying his body. Later, however, an Emperor's Hand member confirmed the Emperor was still alive.

The Emperor continued to live on, past the collapse of his Empire, but, after surviving for millennia, Vitiate is presumed to have died close to 67 BBY at the hands of a Jedi Knight after being pursued in an effort to end his plans for the galaxy.

Needless to say, The Emperor was incredibly hard to kill. The Emperor ruled the Empire for over 1300 years, and during that time he exerted an enormous psychological influence on his people. In the Empire, he was viewed as both a god and king almost every citizen of the Empire was more than willing to sacrifice his or her life in the service of their Emperor. He was the source of many common phrases and utterances in Imperial culture, such as "Glory to the Emperor," "Long Live the Emperor," and "It's enough to wake the Emperor." He had a similar effect on the citizens of the Eternal Empire; Valkorion was considered to be essentially a god to his people, having toppled Zakuul's original religion. Zakuulans believed Valkorion to be truly immortal, guiding the Eternal Empire to prosperity for centuries.

Eventually, the Emperor passed away, and thousands of years later, the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis himself obsessed with achieving immortality mused that Emperor Vitiate, as he was known to history, was the only Sith Lord in history who had come close to achieving the secret.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 08-21-2016 @ 02:13 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-21-16 11:12 AM EDT (US)     15 / 28       
Thank you for the C/P job...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-21-16 11:19 AM EDT (US)     16 / 28       
I think the most powerful Sith was or should have been the Sith Emperor who ruled during KOTOR1, 2, and the MMORPG.
He never existed, because TOR's awful ruining of KotOR2 never happened. >_<
Thank you for the C/P job...
I don't think Keno transparently copying and pasting from wikis is at all surprising anymore.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-21-2016 @ 11:21 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-21-16 12:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28       
Surprising, no. Irritating, however... <_<
He never existed, because TOR's awful ruining of KotOR2 never happened. >_<
Easy there. We don't need to go Full George. Never go Full George, or yousa gonna be starten to talken likesa dis. >_>

Or worse, you may talk like this:
"Booten wooten lanlock vootem / Al a sinkee dunken pooten / Achta werda verda roll / Poonka dunkee loten cho.

Leeber soong whar tung tach picta / Manner manner migta richta / Schelecht varn toom-soing pa ho-grunten / Gersh ve dala funken mimpa / Droit! / To Gropen wettkampf Zunken!

Betteltung seeck da mindy cooten / Parta blax dha scunken drassen.

Manner manner, mitteltouse manner / Dha Dhazz jedoch / Land zu land offt letza / Unun nung.

Manner manner / Durchsprung Nocha / Immer hauk gewordenspa / Zeeetoof en poof / Olaffka begonnenspah / Var var goopinski / von moglodite / Kortzva.

Verto verto taplasko ta verto.

Vom zoomenfest / Va va voomenfest / Kopocka locka hatta statan / Schel Tha noobin rest du common / Morbskurtz!

Kaffee kaffee zum doom kaffee! / Ausbroll mobist manner mockah! / Ssstrung tartung tha stroong tartung! / Wo-cha nickschat hobbentrose.

Jungclaus dha spricken / Impoot ga kunginchock!
Kungach / Noplenkacht / Kungar Kungar / Ale Da Kungare!"
I'm sad to say I was actually considering using this as a starting point for a conlang at one point. Then events conspired to get me to scrap the species that would use it.

EDIT: This might be my favorite:
Kaffee kaffee zum doom kaffee!
COFFEE COFFEE TO DOOM COFFEE. Reminds me of 8:15 Biochem.

[This message has been edited by Moff Yittreas (edited 08-21-2016 @ 12:10 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-21-16 02:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28       
Easy there. We don't need to go Full George.
One has to admit that, of all possible directions to take TSL's very vague hints about the Sith, TOR chose the most boring.
Or worse, you may talk like this:
...That looks like some sort of German pidgin. (Fun fact: Russenorsk, Russian-Chinese Pidgin, and Medny Aleut (a Russian/Aleut mixed language) are all SOV, even though none of the languages involved are SOV. It's hypothesized that this comes from earlier Russian-Altaic pidgins from which Russians generalized that foreigners speak SOV.)
I'm sad to say I was actually considering using this as a starting point for a conlang at one point.
Nothing wrong with a posteriori languages--I'm working on an Indo-European language and a Medieval Carthaginian language at the moment (curse you, Rome, for making Punic resources so hard to come by!)--but there might be better choices for a starting point.
Kaffee kaffee zum doom kaffee!
I'm down with anything that involves coffee. >_>

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-21-2016 @ 02:03 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-21-16 02:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28       
Well, the idea with the conlang was they were isolated descendants of the Zhell.
I'm down with anything that involves coffee. >_>
Even Coffee of Doom?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-21-16 02:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28       
How frequently would they have recited "Korah rahtama Depa Billaba"?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-21-16 02:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28       
...Never.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-23-16 12:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28       
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-23-16 12:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28       
I'm going to say Malgus was a Level 18 Sith Lord. <_<

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-31-16 06:09 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28       
Actually, I'm curious Zaar...
One has to admit that, of all possible directions to take TSL's very vague hints about the Sith, TOR chose the most boring.
What do you think they should've done? I mean, I agree that doing a mishmash of the Galactic Empire and Revan's Sith Empire and saying it's the descendant of the comic Sith Empire with some Dark Empire-esque silliness drizzled on top... was not the best idea. But...

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-16 07:29 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28       
What do you think they should've done?
Good question. Kreia's hints and allusions were so vague that they could have done just about anything. That being said, given that it's Kreia we're talking about, I would have gone for something far more insidious than a Sith Empire--otherwise the idea of Revan creating a Sith Empire to stop a Sith Empire sounds rather silly. Something more of a philosophical nature: perhaps a Sith Lord who was introducing an early version of "the Rule of Two." At any rate, I think there are a lot of directions they could have gone that would be a lot more interesting than the one they chose.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 08-31-2016 @ 07:30 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 08-31-16 09:44 PM EDT (US)     26 / 28       
What if the "True Sith" was just another lie from Kreia?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 08-31-16 10:02 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28       
Given that Kreia is the Garak of Star Wars, that would be the most acceptable answer of all. Although I'm rather a fan of Kreia's justification of Revan's fall to the dark side (or rather, Kreia's insistence that she never fell, only remained true to herself): it took Revan from being just another Sith Lord in a mask to being an incredibly interesting and complex character. If the True Sith are a lie, then Kreia's story about Revan is also a lie--and that would be a shame.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 09-01-16 11:34 AM EDT (US)     28 / 28       
Yeah, but what happened to Revan is a shame anyway, so...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames