You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows, Kousoku Senkan Moffgou

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1634 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Almost Anything STAR WARS Edition!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55  Next Page »
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 10-08-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)         
Welp. You know the deal. Pretty much anything Star Wars. The good, bad, and ugly. Mostly bad and ugly, though.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 04-05-2018 @ 12:38 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 10-08-13 03:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1634       
Princess Leia and Chewie were OTP anyway. Also, Leia and Mara. But not Chewie and Mara. Allowed for some tension.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-11-13 06:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 1634       
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Jerky

PEOPLE EAT EWOKS

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 10-11-13 10:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 1634       
Obi-Wan: What's this? (referring to Jar Jar)

Qui-Gon: A thousand terrible things.

So good, it should have been in the script...that fact is also what kept it OUT of the script. Irony much?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 07:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 1634       
I just watched that last night - this morning my flat mate asked me why I kept laughing last night.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 10:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 1634       
Now, now... Jar Jar is the only character in TPM that actually has an arc.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 11:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 1634       
Idiot to... General idiot?

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 01:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 1634       
Well... Obi-Wan doesn't change or develop... Qui-Gon dies... Padme doesn't change at all...

Jar Jar matures a bit (...a bit) and his situation changes. Meanwhile, Anakin doesn't show up till the halfway point and, after the podrace, just pushes random buttons while hiding behind continuity armor.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 02:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 1634       
Eh... I see where you're getting at, and comparatively Jar Jar changes maybe a tiny bit, but I wouldn't really call that a character arc.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 02:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 1634       
Still think they should have had the clone wars start in EP 1 >_>

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 02:36 PM EDT (US)     10 / 1634       
Well... "from a certain point of view..."

Of course, given they use that as an excuse to plaster over every ultra-thin coincidence that later gets developed into a full-blown plot... <_<

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 02:36 PM EDT (US)     11 / 1634       
...wow, then they would be really long. It could work (especially as it was supposed to be the biggest war in history, which would generally be more than the four/two years given by Lucas) though I would have hints to the start of the war. Maybe get it started properly right at the end.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 02:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 1634       
Pretty sure the Great Galactic War and New Sith Wars dwarf... everything. Or the Hundred Years' Darkness.

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 02:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 1634       
Well, yes. But I thought people in the Star Wars universe commonly refer to the Clone Wars as the biggest war in history? Or the worst? Something like that. I could be making that up...

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 03:13 PM EDT (US)     14 / 1634       
I think George says that. Because... well, everything has to be the biggest, worst, superlative-est thing since forever.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 04:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 1634       
By worst, meaning most destructive, I'd probably go for the Vong War.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-12-13 04:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 1634       
The Vong War never happened. Even counting it, though, I'd say the worst conflict in Star Wars would be the Mandalorian Wars. And based on the rest of the EU, the Clone Wars should have been the Mandalorian Wars on steroids.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 04:50 PM EDT (US)     17 / 1634       
Eh, Grievous supposedly burned a bunch of majorly-populated planets that we never heard of nor saw to the ground. So, civilian deaths were high.

Then TCW came out and said everything was small-unit actions and civilian casualties were limited to what can fit in frame and be managed by a single mustache-twirling villain per instance. No mass incineration of billions; just drop twenty or so colonists into a volcano. Shoot a couple Twi'leks to show how eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil you are.

I was more evil with my good guy Imperial in SWVII than everyone in TCW.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 04:54 PM EDT (US)     18 / 1634       
Yeah, I'm pretty certain Paragon Shepard's collateral damage is higher than the net sum of TCW's.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 05:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 1634       
Especially if you run out of grenades on Feros... like I did on my first playthrough.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:21 PM EDT (US)     20 / 1634       
How the hell did you manage that one?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:22 PM EDT (US)     21 / 1634       
My only casualty in my first playthrough was the mean soldier lady--I didn't grieve much.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:25 PM EDT (US)     22 / 1634       
Never liked her anyway. Thorian spores made her bitchy >_>

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 05:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1634       
...I do have a habit of making sure she finds a few bullets. <_<
How the hell did you manage that one?
I tried using the grenades on the creepers... and I missed a couple throws, too. :p

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:33 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1634       
Bah. The most frustrating "no-collateral" mission is the one with the high scientists running around.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 10-12-13 05:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 1634       
Augh. That one. And the worst part is that it's bugged, so you get the news story in ME2 that Sirta's likely going to fail in a couple years. That was probably supposed to be something that crops up in 3, but the bug made them scrap it. Actually, for that matter, lots of bugs in ME1 screw up potential shifts for 2 and 3... <_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:38 PM EDT (US)     26 / 1634       
And unlike the Conrad Verner bug, the Sirta bug can't be fixed.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:39 PM EDT (US)     27 / 1634       
Instead of just fixing the bugs...makes perfect sense >_>

EDIT: Zaarin posted while I was making mine

[This message has been edited by Flying Ace (edited 10-12-2013 @ 05:39 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:40 PM EDT (US)     28 / 1634       
Considering players can fix the ME2 Conrad Verner bug with a single button, it really is baffling that EA never bothered.

Bethesda adds new bugs while fixing old ones; EA just doesn't fix them in the first place.

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 10-12-2013 @ 05:41 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:42 PM EDT (US)     29 / 1634       
it really is baffling that EA never bothered.
EA
Is it really?

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 10-12-13 05:44 PM EDT (US)     30 / 1634       
They released patches for ME2--it would have taken them less than 0.2 seconds to fix the Verner bug!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames