Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars Rebels
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 33 34 35  Next Page »
Empire of Darkness
Clone Trooper
(id: Imperial Force)
posted 05-20-13 09:43 AM EDT (US)         
Star Wars Rebels

Interesting turn of events, and quite frankly, I'm glad to see Filoni involved.

Perhaps an older Ahsoka Tano will appear in this series.

I personally hope they try to take a more series tone with the series, but some how the doubt of that eats away more than the Jar Jar Binks episodes of Clone Wars ever could. The Disney ownership is giving us new movies, the partnership with EA will give us new games; the next couple of years will determine whether or not we actually wanted any of it.

Trials of a Jedi - Coming Never.

[This message has been edited by Empire of Darkness (edited 05-20-2013 @ 09:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-09-18 05:28 PM EDT (US)     1021 / 1043       
I am willing to accept that as your solution to everything if it fully replaces Force Bubble.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 03-09-18 07:14 PM EDT (US)     1022 / 1043       
Of course you realize if it replaces Force Bubble, that means everything you throw at me would die after being put in a dark hallway with Vader

Even your ponies

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-09-18 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1023 / 1043       
They can magic out of there. I'll just throw Miranda at you. <_<

At least it'll be a soft impact.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-09-18 08:19 PM EDT (US)     1024 / 1043       
Cut off the horns first

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-09-18 08:57 PM EDT (US)     1025 / 1043       
Miranda doesn't have a horn... except in very, very bad fanart from very, very bad people. <_<

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-17-18 03:07 PM EDT (US)     1026 / 1043       

Ooooh!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Support_Vessel

Aww...

That dark shot is so pretty, but the fully-lit render is sad.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 03-17-18 03:11 PM EDT (US)     1027 / 1043       
I don't know: both are pretty cool, IMO. Reminds me a bit of the Carrack-class but less...low-poly.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?”

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-17-18 03:23 PM EDT (US)     1028 / 1043       
No, it's clearly a Dreadnaught.

Carracks are a bit different.

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-18 03:41 PM EDT (US)     1029 / 1043       
Right, Dreadnoughts were the ones I was thinking of. It's been about fifteen years since I last played X-Wing Alliance, so... Though, I mean, they're both kinda tapered squarish cylinders with bulby heads. The Dreadnought just has an overbite and a melon while the Carrack has a more bulby head.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Emissary of the Prophets (edited 03-17-2018 @ 03:43 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-18-18 02:16 PM EDT (US)     1030 / 1043       
Exactly.

And I love them both.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-23-18 03:38 PM EDT (US)     1031 / 1043       
“I have sensed a disturbance in the Force.”

Emperor Palpatine paused, stretching out his thoughts to the two men standing before his throne, awaiting their reactions.

No. Not men. Of course not men. Men were insignificant, pitiable creatures, fit only to be ruled, or intimidated, or sent to die in battle. These were far more than mere men.

A Chiss Grand Admiral, a strategic and tactical genius. A Sith Lord, ruthless and powerful in the Force.

They were watching him, Palpatine knew, each trying in his own way to glean some understanding as to why they’d been summoned. Grand Admiral Thrawn was observing his Emperor’s voice, face, and body stance. Lord Vader, in contrast, was stretching out with the Force toward his master.

Palpatine could feel all that. But he could also feel the tension between these, his two most useful servants.

The tension wasn’t simply because each wished to be the one standing alone at his master’s side at the center of Imperial power. That was certainly part of it.

But there was more. Much more. Thrawn had recently suffered a serious defeat, permitting a small group of rebels he’d successfully trapped on the planet Atollon to slip through his fingers. That failure had earned Vader’s contempt.

Thrawn, in his turn, strongly opposed the Death Star project favored by Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Palpatine himself, pushing instead for his own prized TIE Defender project on Lothal. So far Thrawn’s opposition had not reached the level of open resistance, but the Emperor knew it was only a matter of time. Vader knew that, as well.
...The problem is that both Rebels and Rogue One now suggest that Tarkin disapproved of the Death Star. >_<

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-18 03:49 PM EDT (US)     1032 / 1043       
Wasn't the Death Star supposed to be Tarkin's darling?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-23-18 03:54 PM EDT (US)     1033 / 1043       
In the old canon, yes. Now... they can't decide. Maybe he was just pissed Krennic's part in it... the part that kinda made it the Death Star instead of a giant mobile base.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 03-23-2018 @ 03:56 PM).]

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-18 05:08 PM EDT (US)     1034 / 1043       
Of course they can't decide. No one at Lucasfilm knows what the hell they're doing. And I thought things would improve >_>

Eothain
Clone Trooper
(id: Mad Mike)
posted 03-23-18 05:25 PM EDT (US)     1035 / 1043       
I thought it was pretty obvious from Rogue One that Tarkin was in favour of the Death Star and hated Krennic personally, using him as the fall guy if anything went wrong and stealing all the credit if it went right.

Comrade Mike Eothain
Steam . Xfire . Raptr . Last.fm . Spotify . Audiosurf . Buy this stuff
"Ah, boy. I'm just so tired of all these star wars." - Luke Skywalker, Episode VIII
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-23-18 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1036 / 1043       
Singular vision of a senile old man who hates you... or the schizophrenic visions of ten marketing executives with a dollop of heavy-handed political posturing?
I thought it was pretty obvious from Rogue One that Tarkin was in favour of the Death Star and hated Krennic personally, using him as the fall guy if anything went wrong and stealing all the credit if it went right.
Yes, but the Rebels kinda cast doubt on that. Unless, of course, he was continuing the charade with Thrawn... which is possible. But it's hard to say at this point.

[This message has been edited by Moff von Degurechaff (edited 03-23-2018 @ 05:33 PM).]

Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-18 05:39 PM EDT (US)     1037 / 1043       
Like Eo said, I don't think R1 itself introduced any problems: it was pretty clear there that Tarkin loved the project himself, had every intention of taking credit for everything that went right, and blamed all his failures on Krennic. That much is perfectly in character.

But yeah, if we could ditch the political posturing, I'll still take the schizophrenic, inconsistent vision over George's.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-18 09:07 PM EDT (US)     1038 / 1043       
I dunno, the "senile old man" is still just one man. Aside from the politically motivated boardroom with lawyers that can bury you for the slightest transgression against the almighty mouse

Tee hee. Mighty Mouse

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-29-18 10:15 PM EDT (US)     1039 / 1043       
I wonder what they're gonna come up with to keep the airwaves full of Star Wars?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-29-18 10:37 PM EDT (US)     1040 / 1043       
After JJ cremates the carcass? Or just in general?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 03-30-18 11:29 AM EDT (US)     1041 / 1043       
For God's sake; JJ is a good director. His writing is a bit touchy, but how much was dictated to him?

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 03-30-18 05:20 PM EDT (US)     1042 / 1043       
Never said he'd cremate it willingly

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 04-03-18 06:01 PM EDT (US)     1043 / 1043       

You know, I thought if I gave it a second chance divorced from the EU... but no, that's just shit.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 33 34 35  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames