You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Where's the old projects?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Where's the old projects?
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-08-18 06:14 PM EDT (US)         
What happaned to those old projects and showcases I read about in the archives of SWGB heaven?

• Jedi outcast
  • CorSec Enforcer
  • The Aufax War
  • The Tale Of Ollan Parensu
  • Tales of the Mercenaries
  • Deadly Bounty
  • Kal Jerico: Contracts & Agendas
  • Shadow Wraith: Dawn of Darkness
  • Hero of Prophecies
  • The Sharanz Chronicles
  • Bane of Justice
  • The darkening
  • The Crae Korat ~ The Corellian Revolution
  • The Centuri Squadron

And it looks like there are many more! They seem to be dated back in the early 2000s. I've read up a lot on them and most of these I could never find! Looks like most of these possible projects some of these guys are working on, are totally dead. I looked extensively through downloads even and figured that most of them seem to be canceled before they finished levels 2 or 1. The demos aren't even out for most of these showcases yet. So what happened to these nice looking projects?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-08-2018 @ 06:17 PM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Darth Kiro
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-09-18 07:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
    It's not really complicated: people either gave up, had other stuff to deal with that took their time or even forgot. And it isn't just about projects from early 2000's - there are much more recent examples of (apparently) cancelled projects like this or this.

Unfortunately outer factors prevented all those scenario designers from realizing their ideas and "making them immortal" by uploading.

I could climb with such ease I went climbing towards the Sun by the ridges of the Great Mountain. It was so light around, so nicely warm, so beautiful, closer to the Sun - I wanted to go right next to it! But I overrated myself, I'm so high now that the light blinds me, heat hurts me and it's too late to go back!!!

[This message has been edited by Darth Kiro (edited 10-09-2018 @ 07:20 AM).]

Captain Keno
    Clone Trooper
    posted 10-12-18 07:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
    I suppose. I can agree with you, because of situations outside of my control, like between moving to a new house (trailer park, thanks) and going back to goodwill, I can definitely see your point Kiro. I've cancelled more projects than I even want to admit, so I'm guilty of the same thing.

Also, sorry I never finished that campaign we worked on together.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-12-2018 @ 07:58 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames