You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Unable to add multiple projectiles to an unit
Bottom
Topic Subject:Unable to add multiple projectiles to an unit
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 06-14-18 11:45 AM EDT (US)         
As in the title, I am trying to make an unit fire several projectiles at once, but I am unable. I tried to use the MinDuplMissiles command from Change Unit Data, but all objects I tried with still fire the same number of projectiles, except for turrets, but in order to make a turret fire the new number of projectiles (when ungarrisoned) I need to first garrison an unit in it and then ungarrison it. I tried setting the wanted unit's class to turret (class 10), give it a garrison ability and a garrison capacity, garrison it and then ungarrison - but not only that it doesn't work, when I leave the scenario the game crashes. I may use Genie Editor to achieve this, but the problem is that I want to make that one unit to switch between rapid quad fire and single fire, which probably means that the scenario editor will be needed (and as written above, I seem unable to change the number of projectiles fired).

I could climb with such ease I went climbing towards the Sun by the ridges of the Great Mountain. It was so light around, so nicely warm, so beautiful, closer to the Sun - I wanted to go right next to it! But I overrated myself, I'm so high now that the light blinds me, heat hurts me and it's too late to go back!!!
AuthorReplies:
rva2895
Clone Trooper
posted 06-14-18 12:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
It's complicated. You need to do it like this:
1. Create two copies of the unit (let's call it OLD) in AGE: one with 1 min and max projectiles (NEW1), another with 2 min and max projectiles (NEW2). You may want to hide these in editor.
2. Create two technologies: one that upgrades OLD to NEW1 (TECH1), another one that upgrades OLD to NEW2 (TECH2).
3. Use Research Technology effect with "Allow stacking" option to switch between the two versions by researching either TECH1 or TECH2.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames