Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Editor Cinematic - Troubleshooting
Bottom
Topic Subject:Editor Cinematic - Troubleshooting
DarthCaedus
Clone Trooper
posted 08-01-17 08:12 AM EDT (US)         
I thought it would be easy - proved myself wrong - but I'm trying to make a cool, very simple, crawl intro using classic Windows Movie Maker for my scenarios. Primitive and totally undignified I know. However, I just thought for the sake of simplicity it would be great. Get a real sense of "epic" with each game. But I ran into a problem. I did learn pretty quick that I had to convert it to AVI so I did that. It popped up in my in game cinematic list and I thought I had it. However, when I went to go test it out in game it just gave me a blurry distorted screen. I could hear it through audio but there was nothing showing on video but blur lines.

My question is simply what step am I missing? Do I have to do something like resize the avi to a smaller fit? or am I totally off and have no idea what im doing? I tried looking around online but that was very little help. And since I joined here everyone has been so awesome with helping I thought I would give it another try. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

I did try looking around the forums first, before posing this question, but I didn't see anything really on the topic. If there is, and I just happened to overlook it, I apologize for littering the forum with repeated questions. But any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
AuthorReplies:
Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 08-01-17 02:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Here is the guide on how to add video:
http://aok.heavengames.com/university/other/adding-pre-game-and-post-game-cinematics-to-your-scenario/

Those programs listed in the guide aren't free without installing some toolbar crap. I tried rendering some videos with the same requirements on my own video editing software, but I haven't had any success. It might be possible we get better support for campaign cinematic videos with EF in the future.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-01-17 09:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS!

Here is how:

Download Freemake Video Converter. After that, I would recommend downloading ffdshow for windows so that you should have a codec for the video to be processed with and then import your video into the video converter I just mentioned and tell it to export into .AVI format with the following presets:

VIDEO:

1. 320 x 240 frame size
  2. MPEG4 codec

AUDIO:

3. PCM (standard codec)
  4. Stereo channels

You should be able to convert the video and leave the rest of the settings alone. After that, give it a few minutes and you're done.

As a matter of fact, I am willing to help you make the video into a cinematic that can be played on the SWGB scenario and it works on mine and this is after I have had many attempts. If you e-mail me the video, I can help you out, mate!
THE BONUS: You won't have to see the logo at the beginning and end of the clip if I do it.

EDIT: Try the first method, and if you need more help, let me know.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 08-01-2017 @ 09:17 PM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 08-04-17 07:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Caedus, how is the intro coming along? do you need anymore help?
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 08-05-17 02:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
I think he will say if he needs any.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames