Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-05-17 02:19 AM EDT (US)         

Yes, The game, not the Disney TV series... Anyway, I really have been trying to work on the clone wars series for awhile now and I haven't done so well in progress. I was happy I was able to publish Alaris Prime the random map at least. Here's the thing: Since Expanding Fronts has come out, I've been attempting to make a campaign to and unfortunately to no success, due to some data conflicts (probably my fault). That's besides the point, look I know that map designers are busy, but I need good map makers who can help me out, if that's okay. If you help, I will add your names to the credits and I am not just gonna sit on my hands either, I am doing a lot of the writing also and I have an idea on how to handle certain aspects of the game too. I'll be honest, looking at my skill sets, I (sadly) suck at map designing.
The campaign is going to be made with Expanding Fronts and there is so much new stuff put into it that I haven't figured out everything in it yet.

Anybody who's volunteering to be playtesting can e-mail me and I'll add to the list.

PROGRESS - Cancelled

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-28-2017 @ 10:10 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-05-17 01:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22       
I almost forgot about this: This is also a recorded game showing a little progress to the campaign status so far... It isn't much. Its a start at least.

Gameplay Trailer (sort-of).

Anyway, are there any mods in the database that resemble this

It's supposed to be the Dark Reaper that's also for the project. I haven't found anything in the downloads, but I probably didn't look correctly. If there are none, is it possible to make a mod for it?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 02-05-17 03:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22       
Why not just use the Senate building? It looks pretty similar...

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 02-05-17 04:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22       
Sorry, but...

1. I'm busy enough as it is.
2. I'm trying to spend less time on SWGB, not more.
3. I never watched Clone Wars and probably never will.
4. I hate prequel era stuff, with TPM being a slight exception.

I don't know who can help you. This game is 15 years old and there is not many people designing for it anymore. I wouldn't count on getting help on your projects, Keno. Just take your time or do smaller projects you can handle. Don't be too ambitious.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-05-17 05:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22       
Okay, true but...

[LOOKS AT COMPUTER FINDING ERRORS]

Well, nevermind... Thanks to technical complications, this project is put on hold for an indefinite amount of time. God, I hate this.

Well anyway, I have another project I can do without the need for a lot. At least I can do it without worrying about modding or too much AI scripting or anything.
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-11-17 11:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22       
UPDATE: I now fixed whatever malware I stuck on the machine I am running on. Also, I figured out a way to process .AVI files without losing too much of the original quality presented in the game. I can now make Clone Wars without worrying about what is crashing the game...

... Also, I wanted to say sorry...

Anyway, I'll be going now to process my notes on the map. I'm gonna run diagnostics and see how everything else holds. Until then, I'll be trying to make maps... Even though I kinda suck at making them. I also will be processing a few more videos for the final productions.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-11-2017 @ 11:44 AM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-12-17 06:12 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22       
UPDATE I am processing sound clips for personal scenarios and am now running Expanding Fronts with no issues. it would also be okay if anyone could help with the maps, but you know, this is just an option. Anyone else have any ideas for advertising "Help Wanted" let me know.

I'll be going now.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-12-2017 @ 07:22 AM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-13-17 02:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22       
4. I hate prequel era stuff, with TPM being a slight exception.
...Wait, what?

You mean you like the design of TPM stuff (Naboo is quite spiffy), or you like TPM in general best of the prequels?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-13-17 02:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22       
Probably TPM as the best of the prequels...

Look Moff, I really am trying to ask for help around here for the project Clone Wars and I haven't seen anybody here like it's a ghost town. In fact, you or jssf1992 are the only ones online. Do you have any strong skills that are good? like map design or trigger design?

... anything Moff?
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-13-17 02:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22       
You mean you like the design of TPM stuff (Naboo is quite spiffy), or you like TPM in general best of the prequels?
TPM is quite nice visually, if you ignore the horrible plot and dialogue.

@Keno: What Tevious was trying to tell you is that no one is going to make your campaign--or even the maps--for you. If you want to make a campaign, you're going to have to make it yourself.

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-13-17 03:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22       
What Tevious was trying to tell you is that no one is going to make your campaign--or even the maps--for you. If you want to make a campaign, you're going to have to make it yourself.
Not entirely, I have one guy at least who is helping me out on the maps for and I am not being lazy about the designs. I am helping (at the moment) with sound administration, map design as well as trigger working and cinematics. I am actually trying over here. By the way, I am guessing you already got my e-mail and are saying no?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-13-2017 @ 03:14 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-13-17 03:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22       
I'm a writer, not a mapper. Sorry.

Also, the beauty of a forum is things stay up forever. So, you don't need an answer right this very second from the two people online at the moment.

Also, what is "sound administration"? I know sound design, but never sound administration.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-13-17 03:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22       
I'm a writer, not a mapper. Sorry.

Also, what is "sound administration"? I know sound design, but never sound administration.
Okay, that's not so bad. Well I made up the thing "sound administration" so sorry about that. It's when I add sounds to the game I was able to download from a very lucky find on a website. it had the sounds I needed for the campaign to sound realistic. So really, I think it just falls under the same thing as trigger design.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
posted 02-13-17 03:56 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22       
@Keno, I didn't get your e-mail, but I just checked and apparently it went to my spam folder. I don't have SWGB installed at the moment, and I'm only middling at non-city design anyway. If/when I do reinstall SWGB, it would be to create my own campaign. Sorry.

Tevious
Clone Trooper
posted 02-13-17 07:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22       
For clarification, I think all the prequel movies are bad "Star Wars" films. AotC is flat out a bad movie, though. TPM is the only one I can even watch, even though it has it's share of flaws.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 02-14-2017 @ 03:46 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-14-17 09:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22       
Better than Revenge of the Sith?

...Actually, in hindsight... I can see that. TPM actually has some kind of attempt at adventure instead of being a dour and depressing film with a horrible romance. Well, unless you count Jar Jar. Anyway, just wanted clarification.

Won't drag any further off-topic.

Tevious
Clone Trooper
posted 02-15-17 03:38 AM EDT (US)     16 / 22       
Right, it's kind of fun to watch and there's Liam Neeson, too. I can't even watch RotS or AotC because it just ruins the OT for me. I put a huge importance on consistency when it comes to sagas. So while even RotS could be argued as a better film, it is also filled with bad writing, dumb cgi, and plot-holes that just doesn't line up with what we know from the OT. TPM has Jar Jar, but at least it doesn't really ruin any OT characters like Yoda, the Emperor, R2-D2, or Boba Fett, which both of the other two prequels do. You could argue Anakin and C-3P0, but all three movies had bad acting with Anakin and he's also kind of a different character anyway. C-3P0 was more of a cameo, but then I guess he's kind of ruined by being Anakin's creation.

TPM is so far placed from the OT that I think that it is fair to say that it stands on it's own and it's kind of it's own thing. In my head, I can pretend that AotC and RotS are non-canon and TPM is just this separate thing, like the Ewok movies. Anyway, if you'd like to discuss this further, then perhaps make a new thread about it to keep from going further off-topic.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 02-15-2017 @ 03:50 AM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-16-17 03:26 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22       
Moving on, has anybody seen Bendak?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-16-2017 @ 03:28 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-16-17 03:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22       
Bendak isn't going to make your campaign for you.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-16-17 07:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22       
Actually, I haven't heard from him in a while and I wasn't asking if he could help, that bridge is long past gone at this point. I was just wandering if he's still alright.

But I guess I can't ask that either.

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-16-2017 @ 07:22 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 02-26-17 06:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22       
TPM has Jar Jar, but at least it doesn't really ruin any OT characters like Yoda, the Emperor, R2-D2, or Boba Fett, which both of the other two prequels do.
That's actually a really good point. The latter two did pile on the OT shoe-ins and references.
TPM is so far placed from the OT that I think that it is fair to say that it stands on it's own and it's kind of it's own thing. In my head, I can pretend that AotC and RotS are non-canon and TPM is just this separate thing, like the Ewok movies. Anyway, if you'd like to discuss this further, then perhaps make a new thread about it to keep from going further off-topic.
Yeah, fair point. We should take this to SWU.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-22-17 04:31 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22       

The size sucks, but it's the only image I can upload from my computer at the moment. This is literally the image of the clone wars demo I am making for you guys. I've been looking at the Expanding Fronts scenario "Trade Federation Battleship" and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the trigger work Tevious or Dallows used to make the consoles work. I know how the doors are unlocked, but I can't figure out, what exactly, they did to make the consoles work in that level. The buttons are seemingly garrisoned inside the console and pressing the padlock symbol unlocks the door, but I have looked at the map consistently and still can't figure it out for some reason.

instead, I tried using the droid Darth Kiro included in the map so that he can "slice" into the doors. Yeah, Darth Kiro actually helped me out in the map designs and he didn't mind, so I am using the maps he gave me and they was made in Expanding Fronts as well. I was just trying to ask if any of you guys had advice on what should be done about the map. I am still in the production stages and haven't gotten it ready yet. There are only a few units/troopers I've had a chance to put down yet. There are a few things I think I missed when it came to triggers and I am still trying to work out balance, making sure the separatists forces aren't too strong for Mace but not too weak so that it would just take 10 seconds to complete the map.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 03-22-2017 @ 04:34 AM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 04-28-17 10:07 AM EDT (US)     22 / 22       
DEAR SWGBH Forums...

I was going to finish the Clone Wars as best as I possibly could, but I did something pretty stupid and did the one thing I never should have... I pissed my DAD off pretty bad and not only him, my MOTHER! Not only am I regretting this for the next six months, I am told not to screw around with the computer and what little privileges I have left and look for a job, since my father said "If you keep screwing around with your video games, instead of investing in your future and taking an opportunity, you're gonna be on the streets one day and I ain't gonna be there to help you out, SON!" and those were his most sincere words...

Since I just screwed myself right here into a corner, thought I'd let you all know, so they kinda personally canceled this project and any other projects I had in mind for a good while... If you guys all bet that I was going to cancel this project along with others... Congratulations, you were right. Also, my mom was mad about social etiquette and even told me to apologize for my behavior and I said no...

I have made a bigger mistake for that and now I have to admit that I lied about a few things and I was wrong... Since she's my mom and was a moderator some time ago on her own forums that I used to be a part of, I got kicked out of there too. I messed up pretty bad, so I am going to apologize before I screw myself anymore than I already have and considering how little I have left, I will just take it and run with it. Now if you don't mind, I have to find a job, like they told me to.

Believe me, they were very stern and clear in that message, so I have to go...

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 04-28-2017 @ 10:08 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames