Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2270 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Design Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scenario Design Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 74 75 76  Next Page »
Echuu
Jedi Padawan
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 07-28-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)         
The Scenario Design Help Thread

Greetings, fellow Scenario Designers. I'm just letting you know that the Help Thread has been emptied so that you won't have to shuffle through 25 pages of questions and answers before you ask your questions. Instead, take a look at the Scenario Design Page that Angel AoErat has provided and already posted for us in his other thread, and take a look at everything there is to know about Scenario Design before asking any questions.

Happy Designing.

AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 07-01-16 12:08 PM EDT (US)     2251 / 2270       
Ctrl+F12 while playing. You'll need to use the exploration cheats too, otherwise the fog/shroud will appear in the capture.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
obiwan blue
Clone Trooper
posted 07-01-16 05:52 PM EDT (US)     2252 / 2270       
Well I hope you all like the moncalimari rebel troople i hope the walking for the scenario editor i put alot of time on that model . oh by the way how do you do the explosion triggers.
Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 07-10-16 00:39 AM EDT (US)     2253 / 2270       
Create them and kill them with trigger effects. Best not to place explosion triggers in editor yourself, since they're invisible and therefore difficult to position, move, delete, etc.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
NexusPatriot
Clone Trooper
posted 10-30-16 05:03 PM EDT (US)     2254 / 2270       
Not sure if anyone is still active on this but crazier things have happened. I recently rediscovered this game as I played it constantly when I was child. Just a simple question, but when creating a scenario, how do you set defeat to yourself upon a hero's death? Also victory for yourself when killing an enemy hero? I assume that would work backwards. I've looked all over the place and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any response at all would be legendary! Thank you!
jssf1992
Clone Trooper
posted 10-30-16 05:58 PM EDT (US)     2255 / 2270       
You go into the triggers tab, and create a new trigger with a destroy object condition. Set the object as the hero (or whatever the player would protect) that dying would cause the player to lose. Then set a declare victory effect in the same trigger, and set it to make the opponent team win.

You can reverse this to get the opposite effect (player wins by destroying certain object).

Note that the defeat/victory would occur immediately, you would need to set it up different to actual tell the player what happenned, which is a little more complicated.

Currently listening to: Emil Karma
Tann and Reath part two progress
Completely finished: one
Only Narrative needed: five
In progress: two
To be made: six
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 11-14-16 11:15 PM EDT (US)     2256 / 2270       
I know this is a weird question, but trust me this is for a project I am working on, involving an RPG campaign...

Is it possible to change the name of a unit with an AI script by typing it in the chat box to submit a name for the unit? You know, like before you play this RPG game, you first have to type in a name and then, you can play. Is it possible?

If not, does it have to be done by reprogramming the game? Because, if it does that would require a little help.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 11-14-2016 @ 11:17 PM).]

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 11-15-16 07:47 AM EDT (US)     2257 / 2270       
I don't think what you're asking for is possible, especially not with AI scripting. Even with manipulating the game itself, I don't think that's really the way SWGB is built to handle things.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 11-15-16 08:16 AM EDT (US)     2258 / 2270       
Alright, just making sure...

Anyway, I'll be going now.
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-17 10:01 AM EDT (US)     2259 / 2270       
I need a little assistance. I was wondering if anybody found a way to take voices and dialogues from the original Star Wars Force Commander game and managed to save them to a format that could be compatible to SW Galactic Battlegrounds Saga?

It's for a project I am working on.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-21-17 10:13 AM EDT (US)     2260 / 2270       
SWGB can only read MP3 and WAV files; whatever format the files you're working with will have to be converted to one of those.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-17 11:39 AM EDT (US)     2261 / 2270       
SWGB can only read MP3 and WAV files; whatever format the files you're working with will have to be converted to one of those.
Well, that's what I am hoping for: Some MP3s or WAV files at least! I am asking for some MP3s of whatever dialogue or voices of characters in Force Commander.
The reason I have to ask is because I cannot install the game itself due to some sort of irreversible compatibility issue with the installing software. My computer is a 64-bit Acer laptop with Windows 7 OS unfortunately, so at this point, I have to ask around people for some help.

Although, I don't really need audio files to make the game good, I just wanna know if anybody manages to come across some or extract a few.
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 01-21-17 03:05 PM EDT (US)     2262 / 2270       
In which case what you're asking for is piracy, so I recommend dropping the issue...

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-21-17 03:31 PM EDT (US)     2263 / 2270       
oh... Dammit!

Fair enough, I'll figure something out. For some reason, there is some data issue with files and I am having trouble getting this campaign out. Galactic Battlegrounds is running fine, so I can't honestly tell what is going on. Anyway, I will be leaving now.
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-17 01:47 PM EDT (US)     2264 / 2270       
I've been looking at the Expanding Fronts scenario "Trade Federation Battleship" and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the trigger work Tevious or Dallows used to make the consoles work. I know how the doors are unlocked, but I can't figure out, what exactly, they did to make the consoles work in that level. The buttons are seemingly garrisoned inside the console and pressing the button symbol unlocks the console, but I have looked at the map consistently and still can't figure it out for some reason. Can someone help out on how that's done?
Zozyman
Clone Trooper
posted 09-26-17 11:04 PM EDT (US)     2265 / 2270       
Sorry to ask this simple question but, how can I make "Damage Objects" trigger give health instead?

I can't type or past in a - symbol and I've tried a few high numbers but they don't seem to work? Is there a specific number to give all health? Or maybe a way I don't realise there is to add the - symbol into the number box? I looked at the tutorials on the FAQ's but nothing going into this, only on change object health, but I wish the health to stay the same just reimbursed.

Long time ex-member and player, first time none ass hat of a person.
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 09-27-17 00:58 AM EDT (US)     2266 / 2270       
I have replied with more info for that in your own topic. Check it out (reply # 5).
m4ce_windu
Clone Trooper
posted 06-11-18 04:27 PM EDT (US)     2267 / 2270       
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread, but I need a little help with Expanding Fronts. What I'm trying to do is change the projectile of the unit Star Destroyer (the small one). I used the command with ProjetileUnitID. However this only changes the projectile against ground units. I want a space unit to be attacked differently. How can I change this? The scene takes place on Starfield area so changing the target to non-flying won't do it I think.
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-18 08:22 AM EDT (US)     2268 / 2270       
I quickly made a little test and saw the problem. Whatever you do, all cruisers, from small to big ones cannot have their air projectile changed. If what you want is changed projectile against all units, you can do this: use another air unit (like fighter, I tried projectile change with them and it works fine), change their stats as you would need them to be for a star destroyer as well as their graphics, which are the following:

Standing Graphics: 10300 (in editor: SET StandingGraphics)
Walking Graphics: 10293 (in editor: SET WalkingGraphics)
Attack Graphics: 10300 (in editor: SET AttackGraphics)
Dying Graphics: 10596 (in editor: SET DyingGraphics)

The only thing I can't seem to achieve are the sounds of a unit. I tried to use the AttackSound and MoveSound commands from the EF trigger guide, but when I run a test, the game crashes immediately.

Currently, I am using Advanced Genie Editor 3 to find the units' properties. You can download it from here if you don't have it. It works both with SWGB vanilla and SWGB with EF. In it except looking at stats you can also change them (this includes the sound ID's). Whenever you do changes and try to leave the menu will ask if you want to save those changes, perhaps under a genie file, which you would need to add to whatever scenario you are making. But I don't suggest trying this unless you know what you are doing.

I could climb with such ease I went climbing towards the Sun by the ridges of the Great Mountain. It was so light around, so nicely warm, so beautiful, closer to the Sun - I wanted to go right next to it! But I overrated myself, I'm so high now that the light blinds me, heat hurts me and it's too late to go back!!!
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-12-18 09:17 AM EDT (US)     2269 / 2270       
Another way to do it is to take a Fighter-type unit, change the projectile to the desired effect, make it invisible by giving it Ability 128, and loop-task it to the Star Destroyer every few seconds.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
m4ce_windu
Clone Trooper
posted 06-12-18 04:30 PM EDT (US)     2270 / 2270       
Thanks for the fast help! I did it with the invisible unit trick and it works like a charm for my purpose.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 74 75 76  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames