You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds | Co-Op Campaigns
Bottom
Topic Subject:Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds | Co-Op Campaigns
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-17 02:09 PM EDT (US)         

CO-OP CAMPAIGNS

Since The Clone Wars hit an unexpected snag and I don't want it to completely end just like that, but can't get it to move anytime soon... I got a great project that I am doing mostly by myself and have been working on. I am on a quest to convert every campaign in the original game into a playable co-op scenario that can be played over the net. The thing is, if you want the Clone Campaigns to be given the same treatment, that I can't do. Sorry but I can only ever go so far as to convert the original models. The clone campaigns expansion doesn't want to budge and I can't do much anything about it, unless I figured out how to reprogram the thing so that it can take the clone campaigns and the scenarios into a readable format for modification.

Anyway, It's been a long time now and I am trying to sort-out that player trick General Dallows did with players 1 and 2 so that they play properly, I think. So far, I haven't figured that trick out. Anyway, my progress at the moment was at: over ten percent, at least.
Anyway, the one thing I am curious about is if General Dallows himself doesn't mind at all? I don't know if he does or doesn't.

EDIT -- It's not one percent, it's over ten percent, so no, I am not that lazy!

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-18-2017 @ 05:49 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-08-17 02:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
There was no 'trick.' I added a new player, and replaced every single unit and object that belonged to the original player 2 with the new ones. Triggers and map design were also adjusted as needed.
my progress at the moment was at: %1
In other words, no actual work whatsoever? Having an idea in your head does not constitute a viable project. It's getting very tiresome seeing these threads continue to pop up when nothing actually comes of them.

Do you actually plan on finishing this instead of dropping everything and pretending there's something wrong with your computer at the first sign of any hardship or any shred of actual commitment needed on your behalf?

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-08-2017 @ 03:03 PM).]

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 02-08-17 03:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Keno, perhaps consider confining all of your projects to one thread until you get serious traction on it. Preferably an existing one. I see your name next to lots of threads just on the first page alone.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-17 03:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
There was no 'trick.' I added a new player, and replaced every single unit and object that belonged to the original player 2 with the new ones. Triggers and map design were also adjusted as needed.
Oh, now I get it... Wait, so you changed the ownership of the units to the target player?
In other words, no actual work whatsoever? Having an idea in your head does not constitute a viable project. It's getting very tiresome seeing these threads continue to pop up when nothing actually comes of them.
Actually, that was supposed to say "above 10 percent" Dallows, it was a typo. I made a mistake and I made a considerable amount of progress really!

And yes, I do intend on finishing my projects and trust me, My day on starting that project that last Monday may not have been the best and it was quite a piss poor evening, but I don't need to argue over this, alright! Look, shit got crazy while I was busy Okay!

By the way, I literally never intended to create that stupid "Code of Conduct" thread... I don't know why in the unholy hell why that was published, I don't care... I'm actually glad you closed that.
Keno, perhaps consider confining all of your projects to one thread until you get serious traction on it. Preferably an existing one. I see your name next to lots of threads just on the first page alone.
Look Moff, I-- Actually I see your point, but trust me I am not having a good week. Period. I just had to re-install Galactic Battlegrounds and had to start everything from scratch... AGAIN!

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-08-2017 @ 03:19 PM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-08-17 03:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Wait, so you changed the ownership of the units to the target player?
No, I hand deleted and replaced every individual object under the new owner.
I am not having a good week. Period.
That does not justify poor habits here. Leave whatever personal baggage you've got off of the site. Continued failure to do so will result in administrative action.
I just had to re-install Galactic Battlegrounds and had to start everything from scratch... AGAIN!
If I'm remembering correctly, uninstalling Battlegrounds does not remove custom scenarios, campaigns, or other files created after installation. Even if it does, it would be very simple to move those files to a different folder beforehand.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-17 04:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
... God, this conversion is gonna take a while.

Here is a small snippet... An extremely small portent of what I am now working on at the moment. If what you say is true, this is going to be a long and painstaking process. But at the very least, it's proof I am working on something.

Also, it's in beta, and It is also the first level of the imperial campaign "Yavin IV" I think, so I'll be going now.
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-17 04:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Player 1 gets two extra Stormtroopers and Darth Vader? That doesn't seem fair...

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 02-08-17 04:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Keno, the next time you announce a project, you should be at least 80% done with it. At this point, people aren't going to care because your name is synonymous with cancelled projects.

Also, no one is buying your excuses about your computer troubles or whatever. A bit of honesty would help to restore your reputation than to continue to try to bullshit us all the time. Or maybe just don't say anything at all. You say "trust me", but you haven't given anyone any reason to with your past actions.
By the way, I literally never intended to create that stupid "Code of Conduct" thread... I don't know why in the unholy hell why that was published, I don't care...
See, here's another example of your dishonesty. Now you're denying that you even made that thread? Are you going to say it was a virus, or you've been hacked, or some ridiculous notion like that? No one believes you, so just stop.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@

[This message has been edited by Tevious (edited 02-08-2017 @ 06:42 PM).]

rva2895
Clone Trooper
posted 02-08-17 06:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
your name is synonymous with cancelled projects
Cancel Keno
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 02-08-17 07:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Player 1 gets two extra Stormtroopers and Darth Vader? That doesn't seem fair...
It doesn't. The forces will need to be divided in such a way that one player doesn't end up feeling shafted. If adding another hero for Player 2 isn't possible, they should get the majority, if not all, of the infantry. Vader alone is easily strong enough to complete that level by himself.

In the first Trade Federation missions, Beachhead, this was simpler to accomplish; there are some voice lines spoken by OOM-14. Adding a second hero tank and evenly distributing the units was easy.

The second level, Behind the Lines, was more complicated. The forces were divided unevenly, but in such a way as to not make one player feel less important. Player 1 has OOM-9 and the 5 droidekas, and Player 2 gets OOM-14, the Cannon, and the Technician. Both players have importance, and depend on each other to accomplish the objective.

ARMY STRONG
Expanding Fronts Mod

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 02-08-2017 @ 07:01 PM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-17 04:26 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Hey, I know you all are busy, but one question: Is it really a bad idea to use map copy for the co-op campaign? I use it to change player ownership, but the results can sometimes look a little unsightly. Just a bit at least, but it can be fixable. I replaced the majority of units on the map, if not all of them, using the map copy tool. The Liberation of Kashyyyk map, under the "Han and Chewie" campaign, has that done to it to save time, but I wasn't sure. I can change the triggers just fine.

I guess it would see more effective to delete the units and place the new ones on manually, but I thought the map copy and paste method worked better.
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-17 10:03 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
At the end of the day, if it works just as well but doesn't look as good, that's just a design decision... if you can GUARANTEE that it works just was well. But also bear in mind that if a campaign doesn't look as good as it could then that's a poor reflection on your commitment to quality - especially if, as in your case, you're basing it off a campaign that the player is likely already familiar with and will be able to see the difference. So it's a decision you'll have to make between efficiency and effort required vs aesthetics and quality.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-04-17 05:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
Very True... ISO I totally agree with you.

And as we've seen with this image, I did accidentally messed up a corner with the forest there, my bad. this might need a little work but it's no problem. I can still fix the majority of bugs too.

Also, I kept furiously wacking at the TF campaign and didn't know exactly how to pair P2 with who in the 5th mission. Darth Maul was there looking for the Gungan settlement and the Rellias channel, so what other poor droid minion was he paired with? I kept looking and there was none I could think of.

The Rebels campaign, on the other hand, is a bit of a monster to deal with.
Not complaining that much about it, I just hit a wall with that one, but I'll deal with it.
ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 03-05-17 09:42 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
For the B&D style scenarios (most of the RA ones IIRC) you're probably going to have to put more work in than the Fixed Force ones. If you have two people with one goal of taking out an established base it's always going to be easier than if you just had one. A potential solution is to just make the enemy a lot stronger, or impose a time limit. If you were getting a bit more involved, you could disable all military units for one team and all economic units for the other, and force them to support each other.

Basically, copy-pasting the maps and changing ownership of units isn't going to cut it for B&D scenarios. You're going to have to get creative to ensure it's not a cakewalk.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames