You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI and RM Scripting
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » AI and RM Scripting » I uploaded some AI vs AI battles on youtube
Bottom
Topic Subject:I uploaded some AI vs AI battles on youtube
Ai_user_101
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-15 08:07 AM EDT (US)         
You guys have probably seen me post a bunch of things about AI, as it's been my hobby and has definitely taken up a lot of time. I'm starting to upload AI battle videos with commentary.
Disclaimer: Lots of nerd talk, I do not have a deep golden radio voice unfortunately (it's not high pitched either). It's also my first time uploading anything with commentary.

2v2 Elite_Kazein (random) vs Hard computer (random)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXY7Nne2s88

2v2 Elite_Kazein (random) vs TCU3 (federation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oA-8M-qiHg

2v2 Elite_kazein (random) vs Demon Empire (Empire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAHNklCVbr4

You can find me on steam: first_of_few

You can also find me at: www.aiscripters.com as 'Thegreatkazein' or 'Kazein'.

[This message has been edited by Ai_user_101 (edited 02-28-2015 @ 08:11 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-15 07:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Oh, That's interesting, dude. Listen, what software do you use to record your gameplay and upload it to youtube? I am just curious.

I also wanna know what operating system and hardware your computer has. I wanna see if I can do the same thing with my computer easily, like you could. That's why I am asking. It is for a special project.

By the way, your voice doesn't sound that bad to me at all. I actually understood every word you said. You did pretty good to me. I didn't even know you had a Youtube Channel.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 02-28-2015 @ 07:39 PM).]

Ai_user_101
Clone Trooper
posted 02-28-15 09:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Unlocked version of Fraps, Klite codec mega pack, and windows movie maker to convert Frap's .avi video extension to .mp4

And thank you

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-15 02:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Thank you sir, That was very helpful.

Just a little heads up, I am almost done with my little (albeit useless) gungan campaign and I will have it uploaded eventually. It may not be much, but at least it is a start.

EDIT: Oh wait, I almost forgot, what version of Fraps are you using? Like for Windows XP or 98? actually, any version number would be fine.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 03-01-2015 @ 02:32 AM).]

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-15 03:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Speaking of AI, I have seen even Starcraft videos that do something very similar to what you were doing, too. Did you know that? It is very similar, but the difference between this AI programming and the one Starcraft does is that, it is much more difficult and all of the modding done to Starcraft (it's components and software) are all very proprietory and hard-wired too. I'll show you.

My apologies, you can't hear the 5th video because the assholes at Youtube muted the audio to the video, meaning it got a copyright strike against it due to containing certain music that was not allowed, I guess.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 03-01-2015 @ 03:25 AM).]

Ai_user_101
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-15 07:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
In the sense that it's modding the AI, yes, they're similar. However while watching the first video the one who produces the video states the AI is very much hardcoded into the game. This is very different from SWGB AI. SWGB AI like AOE:II AI, is given a chance by the developers to be different and has provided it's own scripting language as well as the documentation to do so - on the disc. Just like random map scripting, it's somewhat encouraged.

Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-01-15 07:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Exactly. It is not easy, my friend. Especially when you are trying to mod anything in Starcraft itself.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 03-04-2015 @ 10:41 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames