Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Modpack Discussion » Underwater landscape
Bottom
Topic Subject:Underwater landscape
Soldiers_TODD
Clone Trooper
posted 12-26-17 07:28 AM EDT (US)         
Recently I came across the game Submarine Titans. I thought that it would be nice to transfer the underwater landscape of this game to Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.

Screenshots of the game:
http://www.ag.ru/games/submarine-titans/screenshots/3994

But I was unable to unzip the graphic files (except the interface files) of Submarine Titans.

You may be able to decode the Submarine Titans graphic files.
Here are the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vusiel9331lldnn/Submarine Titans.7z

Script code tobitmap.bms QuickBMS:

# QuickBMS script
idstring "\x28\x0\x0\x0"

get name basename
string name += ".bmp"
get isize asize
math isize += 14
log MEMORY_FILE 0 0
# BM
put 19778 short MEMORY_FILE
# size
put isize long MEMORY_FILE
# reserved
put 0 long MEMORY_FILE
# bit offset
put 1078 long MEMORY_FILE
# append file
math isize -= 14
append
log MEMORY_FILE 0 isize
append
# dump file to disk
get isize asize MEMORY_FILE
log name 0 isize MEMORY_FILE

Page on XeNTaX:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6819&hilit=Submarine+Titans

P.S. Sorry for my English. I use a translator.

[This message has been edited by Soldiers_TODD (edited 12-26-2017 @ 07:36 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 12-26-17 09:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Have you thought about reskinning some terrains and maybe objects in the original game for your purposes?

I could climb with such ease I went climbing towards the Sun by the ridges of the Great Mountain. It was so light around, so nicely warm, so beautiful, closer to the Sun - I wanted to go right next to it! But I overrated myself, I'm so high now that the light blinds me, heat hurts me and it's too late to go back!!!
Soldiers_TODD
Clone Trooper
posted 12-26-17 06:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Sorry, I do not quite understand. I suggested moving the underwater landscapes from Submarine Titans to Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. But I could not get the graphics from Submarine Titans.
I think it would be interesting to play in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds for Gungan underwater (laid the building on the screenshot).

You can then experiment with the gamma to create realism.
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 12-27-17 05:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
I made a quick search for that game and it kinda seems to use the same engine as SWGB, but I am not certain as I cannot find info about the engine itself. A different engine might be the problem, but look, I have very shallow knowledge about this area.

I could climb with such ease I went climbing towards the Sun by the ridges of the Great Mountain. It was so light around, so nicely warm, so beautiful, closer to the Sun - I wanted to go right next to it! But I overrated myself, I'm so high now that the light blinds me, heat hurts me and it's too late to go back!!!
Soldiers_TODD
Clone Trooper
posted 12-27-17 05:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Unfortunately, I also do not know anything about programming. That's thus I turned to this forum.
Darth Kiro
Clone Trooper
posted 12-27-17 10:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
In the worst case you would need to make the needed textures on your own looking at ST models.

Soldiers_TODD
Clone Trooper
posted 01-06-18 06:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Unfortunately, I'm not an artist.
Maybe your team modmaker there is a programmer who can get the sprites?
It is a pity to miss such wonderful resources of the underwater landscape.
There is only one natural environment that is missing in the "Star Wars: Galactic Battleground" - the underwater world. All other landscapes are already present in the game.
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 01-06-18 05:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
This is a very interesting concept and I never even heard of the game. I am not a graphical modder either and I just got into a little bit of programming. Sadly to admit, I barely have enough in terms of programming experience to help you there. You could ask for help in places sometimes, like reddit, and see if anyone is interested in helping you in this endeavor. How does that sound?

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 01-06-2018 @ 06:02 PM).]

Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 01-06-18 09:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Sorry, but what you're suggesting is a bit more complicated than you realize. You can't just rip graphics from that game and just transfer it into SWGB and expect to get underwater settings like changing tires on a car. What you're suggesting would actually be quite the large task to make SWGB look like that game. First you would need "underwater" colored seabed and rock terrains, several "underwater" colored rock and plant props, cliffs, and resources. Underwater wildlife creatures. Possibly new submarine units and buildings for each CIV. We can't just recolor graphics in-game, so to maintain that blue tint, it could be necessary to photoshop each and every CIV building (including construction/damage pieces) to have that underwater look. Then to sell the effect further, you may want to replace fire effects from damaged buildings with underwater fires with bubbles and maybe sparks. To do most of these things, you'd still need artists familiar with modding in SWGB and someone skilled with genie editing.

This thread kind of falls into mod request territory, so I think you should give this thread a read to temper any expectations you might have: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=10,11914,,365

With SWGB as it is, it's already kind of possible to fake underwater settings to an extent. It wouldn't have that blue tint like that other game, though. I'll be demonstrating that when I release the next scenario in my TPM remake campaign, since that scenario is based within the planet core of Naboo. In the Expanding Fronts mod, we have new terrains, rocks, underwater bubbles, and even coral that help sell the illusion of an underwater setting. We're a bit lacking in underwater wildlife, though. A random map version of what I did with The Planet Core scenario could maybe be possible eventually for an underwater locale that would work about as logically as current asteroid settings do.
I made a quick search for that game and it kinda seems to use the same engine as SWGB
That game absolutely does not use the genie engine. For starters, that game is in 3D. The genie engine has 2D sprites over a very limited and mostly flat 3D terrain/map.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| OŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX ||
|| ŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
Soldiers_TODD
Clone Trooper
posted 01-09-18 02:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I assumed the underwater landscape to apply for single missions.
Of course, I can not transfer all resources from ST to SWGB. I created this topic to draw your team's attention to the fashion "Expanding Fronts" to this idea.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames