Bottom
Topic Subject:Mod Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 52 53 54  Next Page »
The Mace
Jedi Knight
(id: mace windu9d9)
posted 02-02-04 08:38 PM EDT (US)         

Mod Help Thread

This is a shameless ripoff of Ech's Scenario Design Help Thread, except it's for modpacks.

Ask all mod related questions here. If you are experiencing a problem with any of the mod tools, post it here. If you have any questions about modding, post 'em here.

Before asking "How do I mod?", please visit the Modpacks page.

IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MOD INSTALLER, please state which version you are using. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR, please state more than just the error number. Please post the error number, the error description, and the steps you took to produce said error.

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 07-25-2004 @ 10:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
HeadlessMarvin
Clone Trooper
posted 03-20-15 04:43 PM EDT (US)     1326 / 1351       
It works fine by itself or with mods manually installed, it's just the mod install program that won't run.

---------------------------------------------

Nevermind, figured it out: I'm just an idiot :/

[This message has been edited by HeadlessMarvin (edited 03-20-2015 @ 04:51 PM).]

Ruixituh
Clone Trooper
posted 08-29-15 06:00 PM EDT (US)     1327 / 1351       
Can someone reupload the most recent version of mod installer?

Thanks
SHiNNOBi
Clone Trooper
posted 01-01-16 04:09 AM EDT (US)     1328 / 1351       
HUGE props to the SWGB Heaven Crew for keeping this place running!

It's been ages since my last mod, but can someone help me with the 'missing ocx files' problem.

i have the files. i've placed them in the system32 folder but still get the 'missing ocx files' message with Editor & DRS Viewer while Installer works fine.

much appreciated...

Clone Wars mods: Kenobi,Yoda,Ahsoka,& Yularen.

> SHiNNoBi <

[This message has been edited by SHiNNOBi (edited 01-01-2016 @ 04:30 AM).]

Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 01-19-16 04:27 PM EDT (US)     1329 / 1351       
Make sure you're running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP or older, and/or running it as an admin.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
SHiNNOBi
Clone Trooper
posted 01-25-16 11:12 PM EDT (US)     1330 / 1351       
Negative, still get the same error messages after trying each of the Windows XP & later modes, both with & without running it as Admin through the properties menu option of the ModEditor and DRS Viewer programs.

btw: Amazing work with Expanding Fronts, Dallows!

Clone Wars mods: Kenobi,Yoda,Ahsoka,& Yularen.

> SHiNNoBi <
posted 03-09-17 07:35 AM EDT (US)     1331 / 1351       
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 03-17-17 01:09 AM EDT (US)     1332 / 1351       
Hey Possidon! I heard you were leaving as a moderator.

Relating to your question, Sorry I can't help you.
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 03-17-17 11:23 AM EDT (US)     1333 / 1351       
Keno, the next time you make a post that basically just says something off-topic followed by, "Sorry, I have nothing on-topic to offer," I am giving you an official warning.

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
macrocephale
Clone Trooper
posted 03-22-17 04:48 AM EDT (US)     1334 / 1351       
Hi all, newbie here.

I was just wondering how possible it is to go about changing what certain buildings can create? I've installed EF recently and it's awesome- but I'd like the ability to create some of my favourite units that've been added (TX130s especially) to buildings like the Mech Factory or HWF. Is this something I can realistically go about editing myself?

I've had a quick look through the mod guides pages but can't see anything immediately helpful to this cause.
rva2895
Clone Trooper
posted 03-22-17 09:22 PM EDT (US)     1335 / 1351       
Expanding Fronts allows you to perform basic genie modding with scenario editor, without the need of third-party tools. You can change unit's train location, train button, train time, cost (among other things, please refer to the documentation)

Here's how to make editor-only units buildable in your scenario:

Step 1: Set the building you want to build the unit at (IDs can be looked up in AGE):

Step 2: Select the slot you want the icon to appear in:

Step 3: Adjust cost, train time and other stats:

Step 4: Enable unit:

Result:
macrocephale
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-17 05:24 AM EDT (US)     1336 / 1351       
Thanks a lot, I've had a go at that and it seems to be working Ok for me.

I've had a further look into the Advanced Genie Editor so I can changed things a little more permanently and changed what I thought might be enough- going into units- selecting the unit (scout trooper in this case) and changing train location to Troop Center. I un-ticked the other civs at the top so it only affected the Empire (I watched a couple of tutorials first), and changed the train button to 21, which should be the first icon on the second page. I loaded up the game, but couldn't get to the second page, do I therefore have to edit the Troop Center to allow it to have a second page of icons?

I also tried it again, but using a button that should've put it in the bottom right corner of the first page of the Troop Center's icons, but again loading up the game it wasn't there- I'm assuming there's something I'm missing?

Edit: I re-watched a tutorial, and it showed being able to search in the units tab by train location id and button id. Typed in 87 to the top search and it shows everything set to Troop Center, there's a bunch of random units set to all sorts of things, such as Shmi and some other heroes set to button 3 (Anti Air Trooper). Do I need to resolve conflicts at all? Or do I need to create something in unitlines to get these extra things to appear?

Edit again: Is it the effect of enabling it in the Scenario Creator that I'm missing perhaps?

Another edit a few hours later (many forums I've used don't like double-posting).. I've been trying various other things in the AGE to try to get it working, still without luck. I've added the Scout Trooper into the Tech Tree section for age 1, as well as adding it as a connected unit for the Troop Center. I also hit the available button which I'd missed under the units tab under the Scout Trooper, still nothing doing. I've noticed it appears under a unitline called UNIT-SNIPER-LINE with the Scout Sniper, Clone Sniper, and a couple of others, but I can't see what this does.

[This message has been edited by macrocephale (edited 03-23-2017 @ 08:12 AM).]

rva2895
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-17 08:36 AM EDT (US)     1337 / 1351       
There's no second page, and you cannot use bottom right corner either. Make sure the unit is either set to no-research or is being enabled via research. You don't need to edit the tech tree or unitlines.

AI will only build units and research techs it has explicitly been told to. You will have to write your own script.

You need to turn "no-research" off and add "enable unit" effect to the desired tech level (min tech level option is useless I believe.)

[This message has been edited by rva2895 (edited 03-23-2017 @ 11:55 AM).]

macrocephale
Clone Trooper
posted 03-23-17 08:56 AM EDT (US)     1338 / 1351       
Ahh thanks I got it working now. Set it to button 5 and it appeared. Time to go crazy with it..!

Edit: Getting various things working, but I can't seem to control at which tech-level the units appear. I've tried various options in the "min tech level" drop-down in the units tab, from 0-8, but they make no difference. Whether I choose Tech level 4, post-tech level 4, or open tech level 4 (which I thought might've been the research for tl4), the units are available from the instant I have the required building.

Edit again.... Scratch that, tech levels are fine now. I missed the second part of your reply initially and ended up figuring it out by mistake in the end.

I've also managed to add the Landing Platform as an Empire building to create some of the larger vehicles as the Airbase is full of TIE variants, minus the prototypes. Worked out adding a research for TIE Phantom - Hvy Phantom too.

The only issue I had with that is that AGE won't let me change the text on the research (or units too) so it just says Fast Fighter (the one I copied in both tabs) rather than Heavy Phantom.

[This message has been edited by macrocephale (edited 03-23-2017 @ 04:56 PM).]

Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 03-23-17 06:00 PM EDT (US)     1339 / 1351       
EF still has TIE Phantom strings lying around, so you can set the TIE Hvy Phantom research Language File Name to 853 and Language File Description to 1853.

In the general case, AGE's language editing functions are somewhat unstable, so I'd recommend an external program for editing Language_x2.dll. I use Resource Hacker personally.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times

[This message has been edited by Vardamir (edited 03-23-2017 @ 06:01 PM).]

macrocephale
Clone Trooper
posted 03-24-17 01:10 PM EDT (US)     1340 / 1351       
Thanks, that worked well for the Phantom. My next problem... I can't get two-layered upgrades to work. I've added in a 1-L to 1-M Repulsortank research at TL3, and 1-M to 1-L at TL4, but the second one doesn't do anything once it researches- units don't change and the 1-M is the still the unit available at the Mech Factory. Same goes for the Phantom- I added in the V38 and then upgrades to the Phantom and Heavy Phantom at TL4 as with Bombers and Fighters, but only the first research works. How can I sort this out?

Edit: Figured it out! I was missing the "upgrade v38 to hvy phantom", didn't realise that was required as well as "upgrade phantom to heavy phantom".

---

Ok, so I'm having some more crashes now. I've not done anything knowingly myself that should've led to these, but I don't know would could have caused them if not my minor meddling. I'm starting to get more game crashes now- I'd not had any before playing around with AGE at all. They've all come through units attacking- the Defoliator, and the Naboo's Trooper. Just a simple CTD.

One possible cause/symptom I've noticed is that while in AGE, a whole bunch of my edits got shifted by one number for no apparent reason. After I'd edited in a bunch of units to the TL2/3/4 effects in the Effects tab, I noticed later that they weren't appearing in game. Going back into AGE, I eventually found out that instead of, for example, 2369 Cold Assault Trooper being listed to be enabled at TL3, 2370 Cold Assault Trooper (the dead body) was being enabled (and as the actual unit was the only one set to the Troop Center nothing happened in game). This must've happened for 50-75% of the effects I'd added in, and took a good while to correct them all. I'm not sure if it's something that happened all at once, or whether it happened a bit at a time- either with me going in and out of AGE every now and then, or upon loading the game.

I thought it might have just been me pressing the arrow keys by accident too much to start with but then I noticed something else odd. I loaded up a Random Map on Felucia, and all the trees were Fir instead of Felucian trees (2161 and 2162 for Felucian and Fir trees respectively). So somehow the Random Map seed has had a 1 added in too. There were also crashed X-Wings (2158) instead of ATTE wrecks (2157). So whatever's happened has happened everywhere it seems- 1 being added to unit numbers all over the damn shop. And even more annoyingly, I don't know how to change those back.

At this point I'm thinking of starting again with a fresh Genie so I can do my edits again, and check it's not something I've done. I may have just clicked something I shouldn't've when I first started at the start of the week, when I was first experimenting, or maybe I put a few too many effects under the TL upgrades, and the game doesn't like it and somehow that broke things. Who knows? Anyone had anything similar?

Another edit.. Rebel Troopers are on the list too. I'm sure the Troopers were fine after initially installing EF so I'm just going to reinstall it tomorrow and redo my changes, see how that works. I was silly enough to not back up the Genie.

Yet another edit: I know these forums are a bit quieter these days but I thought I'd mention it anyway in case it stops anyone else making silly errors.. Well a couple of days have passed.. I got another copy of the EF standard Genie_x2 and perusing between that and my edited one I found out my error. I accidentally deleted the unit entry for '1972 LAAT Lucky Lekku'. Thereby, every single unit below it had been shifted up by one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6GuEswXOXo

[This message has been edited by macrocephale (edited 03-28-2017 @ 11:37 AM).]

jonoPorter
Clone Trooper
posted 05-02-17 09:46 PM EDT (US)     1341 / 1351       
I have an issue with Galactic Battlegrounds Saga from GOG. I installed the Expanding Fronts mod that also brings in a Widescreen patch and this keeps happening when I get into the gameplay section:

Has anyone else had that problem and if so how can I fix it?
TyranicRex
Clone Trooper
posted 05-09-17 11:59 PM EDT (US)     1342 / 1351       
Hi, for whatever reason I cannot get my new icon to show up in the game. I have a 36x36 .bmp icon that I loaded into the mod editor project, selected the replace icon and selected the frame I wanted to replace and selected unit and the civ and added a readme. I saved, compiled as MPI, and loaded up the mod installer and installed the new mod. When I go into the game and look at the unit that should have the updated icon it is unchanged. When I load up Genie Editor and find the unit it shows the new updated icon but when I load the game up and find the unit in game the icon is not changed. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks
Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 05-10-17 04:16 AM EDT (US)     1343 / 1351       
Does anyone know what might be wrong?
Are you running the game as Expanding Fronts (battlegrounds_x2) or Clone Campaigns (battlegrounds_x1)? The mod installer won't make changes to EF.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
TyranicRex
Clone Trooper
posted 05-10-17 12:32 PM EDT (US)     1344 / 1351       
Hi Tevious,
I have 5 versions of the game on my hard drive, 4 of them being backups. All versions are normal versions of the game using Clone Campaigns battlegrounds_x1.

I have the mod installer 2.0 located on the desktop. The mod installer says it found a version of clone campaigns but does not tell me which file it's using out of the 5.

I used Genie Editor and opened each of the 5 game files
to see which one was affected with the new icon.

I eventually found the 1 game version that had the new icon, so I started the game on that version and the unit with the new icon in game has only the original icon and not the new icon, despite Genie Editor showing that the icon was changed.

So on a separate note, how do I get the mod installer to install mods to the game version that I choose?
Tevious
Clone Trooper
(id: The Vampire Slayer)
posted 05-10-17 05:21 PM EDT (US)     1345 / 1351       
If I had to guess, you issue has to do with having multiple installs causing confusion. The mod installer wasn't designed with multiple installs in mind. I think it first looks for the game in the default folder in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds\Game\. If it's unable to locate the game there, it will prompt you to find the Game folder.

Viewing the interfac_x1.drs file for each install and finding out which one was changed should have worked for you. You could maybe try backing up the original interfac_x1.drs then replacing each install one at a time with the modified one and see if you can learn anything new when you launch the game.

@)₪₪₪₪ ŤΣVŮS ₪₪₪₪(@
|| ´ŠOŢ .◊ ŤΡМ ◊. SLX˜ ||
|| ÄŘĿŦŔ .◊ ŦŚŤĮ ◊. ĶǾŤ ||
@)₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪(@
TyranicRex
Clone Trooper
posted 05-10-17 05:47 PM EDT (US)     1346 / 1351       
Okay after doing some testing I figured out the most likely reason I am having this problem. I installed a new clean version of the game. From here everything worked fine and I was able to change icons.

I forgot to mention that my previous versions of the game included the “All in One Patch” which includes color fixes, added languages, widescreen, and a few other things that make the game playable.

I noticed after repetitive testing the one thing keeping this version of the game with the patch from working with the icons is the Battlegrounds_x1 exe file.

I am going to guess that there is some kind of code within the Battlegrounds_x1 exe file that is preventing the game from accepting new or altered icons.

So does this mean that if I want to play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds with widescreen and color fixes then I will not be able to make new icons? There has to be a way around this, any advice?

[This message has been edited by TyranicRex (edited 05-10-2017 @ 10:33 PM).]

sim888
Clone Trooper
posted 11-03-17 07:44 AM EDT (US)     1347 / 1351       
I have tried using Genie Editor but can't get these coding info for playing Campaign and Random Map mode:
1. How to increase Worker's movement speed, work speed and resources carrying capacity much more than the default values?
2. How to increase food per Farm and Aqua-Harvester more than 10,000 food?
3. How to maximise the range of Shield Generator, Mobile Shield Generator and Power Core, and increase it's rate of shield regeneration?
4. How to increase Nova gain per Holocron from Holocron garrisoned in Temple?
5. How to create Workers from these Resource Processing Centers (Food, Carbon, Nova and Ore)? Is that even possible?
6. How to increase Population to 500 or more?
7. How to create a Research for self-healing for all biological units? I don't want to use Hero mode because it can't be converted by Jedi/Sith Master.
8. How to create a Research for auto repair for all mechanical units and buildings?
9. How to create a Research for Bounty Hunt? I mean you get a percentage of resources for killing units; the more expensive those units, the more you get of what they are made of.
10. How to change the default stand for certain units when they are created? Many are created in aggressive stand, and move and attack alone for a "suicide' when left unattended.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by sim888 (edited 11-04-2017 @ 04:50 AM).]

Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 11-05-17 04:53 PM EDT (US)     1348 / 1351       
1. Those can be directly set in the unit data. Changing them via techs is probably easier, as there are about 20 worker units. See Upgraded Motivator as an example.

2. Farm quantity is set by resource 36. See the Irrigation tech

4. Holocron Nova is set by resource 191. The Civ 4 and 7 tech trees increase it.

5. You'll need to create copies of the worker for each resource building, then set their train location to the corresponding building.

6. Setting resource 32 higher will increase pop cap.

7. See Self-regeneration

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
sim888
Clone Trooper
posted 11-06-17 04:57 AM EDT (US)     1349 / 1351       
I wasn't expecting an answer so soon. Your answers are much appreciated. It looks like I still have much to learn on modding.

"1. Those can be directly set in the unit data. Changing them via techs is probably easier, as there are about 20 worker units. See Upgraded Motivator as an example."
I don't even know the code for workers.

"2. Farm quantity is set by resource 36. See the Irrigation tech"
Where to find resource code?

Do you know how to remove this annoying moving Eyecany Storm Cloud with rain as image below? It appears and blocks my view in every campaign and random map.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by sim888 (edited 11-07-2017 @ 09:43 AM).]

HeadlessMarvin
Clone Trooper
posted 12-31-17 09:19 PM EDT (US)     1350 / 1351       
Is there still a viable link to v.91 of the mod installer? I recently installed the game again, and I remember that was the only one that worked for me, but I can't seem to find a link for it anymore.
Soldiers_TODD
Clone Trooper
posted 08-26-18 04:39 AM EDT (US)     1351 / 1351       
I want to clarify, in what format do render sprites need to be packaged in .SLP?
I get such nonsense:

It should be like this:

Two samples of sprites:

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 52 53 54  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames