Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Dual monitor problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dual monitor problem
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
(id: Moff Yittreas)
posted 05-18-17 09:35 AM EDT (US)         
So, finally got a second screen for increased productivity... and after being productive, I felt like a spot of GOG SWGB. Clicked the icon, watched the hilariously pixelly intro videos on my new monitor...

And then crash to desktop with a graphics error. HEP.

I was working on the TF campaign! I wanted to finally finish my actually chronological runthrough, and had finished the first three Gungan missions and the first two TF! Are my dreams forever lost?

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 05-18-17 10:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Was it the DirectDraw error?

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-19-17 06:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Yes. "Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw."

New RPG Coming Soon | Purveyor of the Poi | Weeaboo Brony Conserative - The Ultimate Foe to the Internet
Lord Sipia: "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SIPPY IS EXCLUDED! EVERYBODY LOSES THEIR SANITY" | Also Lord Sipia: "...Of course. Prepare the butter."
"Moff's anime diatribes/photos are infinitely less annoying than legion's communism, so I don't complain." - Azzie, proving that cute girls driving tanks >> Left-wing ideology
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 05-23-17 08:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Restarting did no good. Am I doomed to never hear, "Mesa goin'!" or "OOM-9 online" again?

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-04-17 08:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Application Name:battlegrounds_x2.exe
Application Version:1.1.0.0
Application Timestamp:3cf57142
Fault Module Name:ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version:6.1.7601.23796
Fault Module Timestamp:59028db3
Exception Code:c0000005
Exception Offset:000329e3
OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:1033
Additional Information 1:ba9e
Additional Information 2:ba9e0d197e4235e73cc98eba33eda60d
Additional Information 3:6277
Additional Information 4:62773f1cfded0d3509b94cb758f696f1

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

That's the error. A small black frame appears in the corner of the screen, then a popup that says "Star wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Expanding Fronts has stopped working"

Vardamir
Huskarl
posted 06-05-17 07:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
If the second monitor is causing you problems, have you tried disconnecting it before starting GB? Certainly not an optimal solution, but it's all I have.

AoK: Realms
Adds Armenians, Balts, Bamars, Bohemians, Bulgars, Burgundians, Chimus, Dutch, Helvetians, Jurchens, Khmers, Malays, Mandinkas, Moors, Muisca, Tamils, Tufans, Turcomans, and Viets

Genie Converter - an AKX installer for modern times
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-10-17 11:54 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
That didn't help.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
(id: Lord Vader672)
posted 06-10-17 03:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Could it have anything to do with your game's resolution?

What was YOUR ME3 ending: Merge with Helios, Illuminati, or Tracer Tong?
"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
"The Rebels only have one rank: traitor." - Eothain
Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-10-17 07:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Possibly, but I cannot load the game to change it.

Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-10-17 08:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
.ini file?

"I feel like I just watched Dwayne Johnson beat a small disabled child. Except the disabled child is really an infant clone of Hitler. It's so painful to watch...but so glorious." - Cheapy
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 06-10-17 08:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Not a thing in GB.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Flying Ace
Clone Trooper
posted 06-10-17 08:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Oh right.

I could have sworn there was a way to alter game settings like that outside the program.

Kousoku Senkan Moffgou
Moff
posted 06-16-17 10:36 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
One idea is that the game doesn't play nice with HDMI feeds. Is there some way I can force it to load to a monitor on a VGA cable?

ISOmetric
Clone Trooper
posted 06-17-17 07:12 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
I'm running the Steam version with two monitors and HDMI. I actually have three monitors, but one of them is on a VGA feeding off the integrated graphics and the two main ones (one of which I play GB on and the other I stream Netflix on) are on HDMI through the graphics card. I've never had a problem with the two monitor situation, but I'm not sure if the Steam version has been tweaked anymore than the GOG one.

It's a long road that has no turning - It's never too late to mend.
The darkest hour is before the dawn, and even this war must end.

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - Widely considered the galaxy's best drink, the effects of which are like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

~\\*.. The Real McCoy ..*//~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames