You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Cursor not working on swgb, please help
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cursor not working on swgb, please help
brundondevri
Clone Trooper
posted 10-23-16 04:53 PM EDT (US)         
so i downloaded swgb on a windows 10 and when i go on it i have a mouse in the menus but when i start playing the actual game my mouse becomes invisible. the weird part is when i use F3 to pause the game my cursor shows but it flickers rapidly.
i have tried many things such as turning off pointer trails, and uninstalling and re-installing the game. i am not very good at computers and i cant think of anything else to do so if you could help it would be very much appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-16 03:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
so i downloaded swgb on a windows 10
Well brundondevri, I think I found the cause of the problem... Sorry bro, but I am gonna have to stop you right there. See, The original Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and it's Clone Campaigns counterpart are old games and seeing as how they can also run on DOS, I think but I'm not sure, they don't run so well at all on Windows 10. The mods already heard about the constant issues founded with running the game on Windows 10 operating systems, so I suggest running the game in a Windows XP or 7 operating system. Unless you have a Windows 98 stashed somewhere in your basement?

The game can work on windows 7 just fine however and if you need help with the color glitch in Windows 7 or Vista, click here.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-24-2016 @ 03:05 AM).]

rva2895
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-16 10:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
brundondevri, Launch the game with "normalmouse" (without quotes) command line parameter.

Captain Keno, nice shitpost. Such a large wall of text with no valuable information.
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 10-24-16 10:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
No need for that, but if you fixed his problem, I am glad. I've heard a lot of issues about SWGB having issues with windows 10s. Mostly, they just had to change around some .dll files and setting the compatibility mode for it.

Plus, none of my systems are compatible with Windows 10, so I couldn't say too much about it really.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 10-24-2016 @ 10:47 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames