Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » What You'd Like To See In A SW:GB II
Bottom
Topic Subject:What You'd Like To See In A SW:GB II
Alino
Clone Trooper
posted 09-25-16 06:12 PM EDT (US)         
Greetings ladies and gentlemen! I thought this would be a fun topic to discuss, and I haven't found any on it so I figured I'd make one.

I know the likelyhood of a second game in the series is quite unlikely, however, with the release of SW:GB on steam, there's hope yet! Kinda. Maybe... I don't want to talk bout my dreams....

Anyways, here's what I'd like to see in a new SW:GB II

-Updated engine, higher quality graphics.

-A lot of the things going into Expanding Fronts. (The Zann Consortium, the different branches for each civ to go into like the Military Branch, the Mech Branch, etc.)

-The Resistance and the First Order.

-An easier modding system for those that wish to add civs. (basically so civs like the Mandalorians and the Yuuzhan Vong can be added cause I know they're unlikely to do Mandalorians if they make a new game, and the Yuuzhan Vong are kinda impossible now that they're non-canon)

-Heroes for each faction that could be built from the Command Center at Tech 4. (For example: Darth Vader for Empire, Darth Maul for Trade Federation, Luke Skywalker for Rebel Alliance, Count Dooku for Confederacy, Mace Windu for Republic, Yoda for Wookies, etc)

-A conquest mode, similar to that of the Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War game, where you'd try to conquer a system of planets with a faction. IDC how much this breaks canon by having Naboo fight First Order, it'd be fun and that's all that matters.
AuthorReplies:
Tauntaun
Clone Trooper
posted 10-25-16 07:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I'd love to see a sequel retaining a comfortable and powerful scenario editor, as I suspect a 3D game with modern graphics would be about as easy and fun to make scenarios for as EaW (that is, not much).
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 10-25-16 08:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I'd like a sequel to use the same engine as Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny and just explicitly be an editor for making isometric RPGs.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992
Biasedyeti
Clone Trooper
posted 12-08-16 05:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I'm hoping that there might be a chance they will make a new game. What do you think the chances they will make one?
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 12-08-16 05:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Highly unlikely. If it won't make Battlefield or CoD levels of money, EA has no interest in doing it. And I sure as hell don't want them to do SWGB/EaW what they did to Command & Conquer.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
Emissary of the Prophets
Clone Trooper
(id: Admiral Zaarin)
posted 12-08-16 08:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
If it won't make Battlefield or CoD levels of money, EA has no interest in doing it.
BioWare has expressed interest in making another Star Wars RPG, but given the quality of their last few games that doesn't really seem like something to get excited about. Although maybe a break from driving the same two franchises into the ground is exactly what BioWare needs to get their tails back in gear. I know switching projects often helps me when I'm stuck.

Zaarin | Creator of Coruscant Life SE
deviantArt | New Campaign Coming Soon
"But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

"Most forums derails into talking about memes. Here we derail into in-depth discussions about art. I like ours better."--jssf1992

[This message has been edited by Zaarin (edited 12-08-2016 @ 08:11 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames