You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies, Sticky
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Playing Online? Multiplayer?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Playing Online? Multiplayer?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 08-25-08 09:54 PM EDT (US)         
I created this thread since I noticed a lot of people have been asking lately about where to play SWGB now that the Zone is offline. So, I created this thread to answer the questions. If anyone else has any additional questions, please post them as a reply in this thread. Thanks.

Where can I play online?

GameRanger runs a great operation for SWGB, and it's become the center of multiplayer gaming for Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns. It is very active, sometimes exceeding 100 games of GB a day! Pretty good for an older game.

They support many games via a simple, fast and efficient application that should eliminate the need for complex port forwarding. It also supports various features, such as resuming saved games.

Voobly is an online service that mimics the MSN Gaming Zone of old, but stacks numerous new features on top of it. In addition to playing GB online, Voobly also has support for features such as live-streaming, windowed-mode, widescreen, and mod support. There are just as many players and games as you'll find on GameRanger, so give them both a shot if you get the chance!

You can also connect directly to players through IP address (ex: a number like 192.168.1.100). You don't utilize any other game lobbies like GameRanger, or Voobly. Instead, you have to coordinate your game beforehand. You can do that here, if you'd like, by saying that you'd like to play a game. You'll have to give out your IP address to these people (in private), but you'll be able to choose who you play with. This can be less or more complicated than using the game lobbies. However, giving out your IP address comprises a security threat, so be careful to whom you give it!

Help

If you are new to playing games online, please search this forum. There's years worth of information and troubleshooting on this board. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to post a new topic. Also, if you're totally new to multiplayer, you may want to read the
Essential Multiplayer Pre-Game Skills article.

If you have any questions about going online, please post them here. If you'd like to advertise a Direct IP game on our forums, please feel free to do so. Happy gaming!

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions

[This message has been edited by Gen_Rhys_Dallows (edited 03-19-2014 @ 03:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Cmdr_Fletch
Clone Trooper
posted 08-26-08 09:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 45       
Ive tried to get to a game through adding an IP address but every time i try it stops me getting to the other player.

Also if i create a game it happens to the other players.

Ive also changed discs to see if that worked.

Ive flicked through a few threads and saw that maybe my firewalls could be a problem, ive put them to a lower setting but still no luck. what do you think could be wrong?

this is the version i have.
additional info: 1.1v swgb saga

Commander Fletch
32nd walker Division
4th Republic Fleet

[This message has been edited by Cmdr_Fletch (edited 08-26-2008 @ 09:12 AM).]

nasmodeus
Clone Trooper
posted 08-26-08 05:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 45       
Lol haha

[This message has been edited by The Mace (edited 12-21-2013 @ 02:28 AM).]

Cmdr_Fletch
Clone Trooper
posted 08-26-08 07:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 45       
ah i think i maybe having the same problem because im on wireless too

Commander Fletch
32nd walker Division
4th Republic Fleet
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 08-27-08 01:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 45       
Cmdr_Flech: If you have a router, that's undoubtedly the problem. Try forwarding your ports. The ports you need to forward are:

• 47624 (47624-47624) TCP
  • 2300-2400 TCP
  • 2300-2400 UDP

Nasmodeus: You may want to do the same thing as above. To get your real IP, you can look in your router's configuration page that you can access through the browser, or you can just type "IP" in Google and you'll probably get a hundred different "What's my IP" sites.

Cmdr_Fletch
Clone Trooper
posted 09-04-08 09:08 AM EDT (US)     5 / 45       
sorted

Commander Fletch
32nd walker Division
4th Republic Fleet
Milner132
Clone Trooper
posted 11-02-08 03:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 45       
anyone fancy a match?

IGZ username:

Milner132

Milner132 will annihilate you...
Spanishguy
Clone Trooper
posted 12-19-08 12:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45       
anyone what to play
articseabear: comrade
spanishguy: IGZ
email me when u want to play Darkanimekid@aim.com

[This message has been edited by Spanishguy (edited 12-19-2008 @ 12:23 PM).]

Gearboy1985
Clone Trooper
posted 02-22-09 10:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 45       
Hello,
Im new here and i just wanted to say was up and how lucky i am that i found this forum because i absolutely love this game....

anyway back on topic..

there is a something that you can download called "Gameranger". And what you can do is host a room, choose the game for the room, and when somebody joins all you have to do is press a little start button on the bottom of the room window and EVERYBODY in the rooms' game's will start automatically.....you dont even need to set up a game first or even have it running....once you press start it automatically starts the game and sets it up instantly.

I dont know bout you guys but i kinda like it.

here is the link the site: http://www.gameranger.com/

Gearboy!
ryan404000
Clone Trooper
posted 03-14-09 12:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45       
Hi guys I am new, so wanted to say hi, also you could always use Hamachi and then play on LAN

[This message has been edited by ryan404000 (edited 03-14-2009 @ 12:50 PM).]

Arnon Peaton
Clone Trooper
posted 03-14-09 11:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45       
Gamespy still supports GBG. So, if you see me on there, holler at me and maybe we'll get a game or two going.
ttexastyler18
Clone Trooper
posted 04-22-09 09:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 45       
ive got a problem playing on LAN with my brother at home. hes running GBG on vista, and im on Windows XP, when i attempt to host a game, he can see my game on the list, but cannot join it. the whole wait 15 seconds and press esc screen comes up as it loads, then after that it message "unable to join game". is there anything i can do?
Darth Awesome
Clone Trooper
posted 04-30-09 04:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 45       
Is there any way to play over the internet? Like with you nerds?
mandai2
Clone Trooper
posted 05-02-09 08:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 45       
www.igzones.comor gamespy arcade
read the first post.
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 08-16-09 04:31 PM EDT (US)     14 / 45       
no one ever gos online with this game, DAMN YOU ALL!

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10
mandai2
Clone Trooper
posted 08-19-09 06:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 45       
no one as in around 20 on sundays then yea
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 08-20-09 02:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45       
well im in england and you americans are 5 houres ahed of us in da uk! also if im in bed your all just geting into your afternoon which i guess is whene most people go on :P

EDIT 11:30 (my bed time) would be 6:30 to you lot!

Zaarin: And don't forget Vrook's famous bedside manners. It'd be more like, "Woman, if you don't stop that screaming this instant, I swear...And look how you got blood on my robes. Can't you see that bleeding on people messes everything up and leads to the Dark Side? No, of course you can't; you're too selfish to see that just like you always were."
SWGB Color FIX: http://swgb.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=61817&st=recent&f=1,61817,0,10

[This message has been edited by swish_swish (edited 08-20-2009 @ 02:34 PM).]

Scott Kevill
Clone Trooper
posted 09-25-09 11:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 45       
Gearboy1985 mentioned GameRanger earlier, but I'd like to add some more info.

GameRanger is the only service for SWGB/CC that solves the network issues people are having here. You are not required to do port-forwarding. The game also launches faster (less than two seconds).

And as of yesterday, you can also restore a saved multiplayer game of SWGB/CC. You can't do that with any other service.

GameRanger - play your friends online
Swish_Swish
Clone Trooper
posted 09-27-09 03:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 45       
what are you an advertiser? oh wait....

mandai2
Clone Trooper
posted 09-27-09 02:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45       
Minor update: IGZones is now known as Voobly for those that diddn't already know.

[This message has been edited by mandai2 (edited 09-27-2009 @ 02:04 PM).]

Scott Kevill
Clone Trooper
posted 09-28-09 00:18 AM EDT (US)     20 / 45       
what are you an advertiser? oh wait....
I'm the developer.

GameRanger - play your friends online
tayfun0bp
Clone Trooper
posted 10-03-09 05:13 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45       
hi if anyone wanna play swgb join my hamachi network room Star Wars Galactic Battle Grounds
Password:123
im up to anyone
JH_Gold leader
Clone Trooper
posted 12-12-09 02:53 PM EDT (US)     22 / 45       
Hi everyone, i'm one of the Jedi hunter clan ((we do not hunt Jedi we are Jedi that hunt)). i don't know if i'm the last survivor of this clan ever since the zone went out i was unable to contact my superiors so please if someone used to be apart of this clan or a leader of this clan let me know - thanks Gold Leader.
Lednakashim
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-09 09:00 PM EDT (US)     23 / 45       
Does anybody have these maps?
- Jedi Fest (v9?)
- Castle Opps
- Trooper Fest
- Castle Blood
- Mech Fest
- Water Fest
JH_Gold leader
Clone Trooper
posted 12-13-09 09:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 45       
I would also like to know if these maps are available.
graywolf162
Clone Trooper
posted 12-21-09 12:43 PM EDT (US)     25 / 45       
Ugh gamespy is rly bad for any game cause it usually lags out.

the only one where you will get a small chance of getting a game is gameranger sadly. its usually clone wars expansion and i never got it.

DAMN MSN gettin rid of zone
Crazed Ewok
Mectator
posted 02-02-10 03:04 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45       
Hi guys,

Recently, I've been in contact with Scott from GameRanger. They have a great operation running for SWGB, and it's become the center of multiplayer gaming for Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns. It is active, some days exceeding 100 games of GB a day! Pretty good for an older game.

So, I'm going to endorse GameRanger as the preferred method of multiplayer gaming. Why? Well, GameRanger used to be the "Zone" equivalent for the Mac release of SWGB, and has recently become the recommended option for Age of Kings as well. They support many games via a simple, fast and efficient application that should eliminate the need for complex port forwarding. It also supports various features, such as resuming saved games.

So, if you're out there looking for games, in my opinion GameRanger has undoubtedly become the best place to look.

Divinity Boy
Clone Trooper
posted 02-12-10 08:16 AM EDT (US)     27 / 45       
Come on GameRanger and look for a host called Fenix. THats me. Join the game if you want i'll be on all the time next week ;p

Or post your name and i will add you as a friend and we can hook up and play SWGB some time

[This message has been edited by Divinity Boy (edited 02-12-2010 @ 08:18 AM).]

mandai2
Clone Trooper
posted 02-14-10 11:50 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45       
lol that trooper fest was a gg
Generalcamo
Clone Trooper
posted 02-21-10 04:37 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45       
Hello. On Voobly.com (new home for IGZones), I have created a new team for this game. Please PM me (username is CommanderCamo) on Voobly.com to join.
mandai2
Clone Trooper
posted 02-22-10 02:44 PM EDT (US)     30 / 45       
I would but in IGZones there are 0 players in the lobby.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames