Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
SWGB Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Help for Trigger Logic. "Starvation"
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help for Trigger Logic. "Starvation"
ONOLULU
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-16 08:43 PM EDT (US)         
Hello there, I am currently working on a project and I need some help with a trigger. My idea is that whenever you have 0 food, your units start to take damage, something that would be reverted if you have at least 1 Food. I already tried with the "acummulate 0" food trigger but it didnt work the way I thought. So im a little stuck, is there any practical way to put this idea of starvation into a trigger? Thank you very much.
AuthorReplies:
Gen_Rhys_Dallows
Jedi Knight
posted 12-14-16 09:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Accumulate Attribute doesn't work backwards, it counts if the player has 'at least' the amount listed, and then fires. Expanding Fronts is adding an 'inverse' modifier to trigger conditions that will be able to do what you want more easily.

The other, non-modded option, is slightly more complicated, and requires that your scenario has a maximum amount of Food that can be obtained. You tribute the 'eaten' food to another player, and use Accumulate Attribute to track when they have acquired the maximum value of available food (meaning you should have none) to trigger the starve effects.

ARMY STRONG
"Rhys wins this thread." - Tsavong Lah | "Gen freakin wins." - Jon Rolos | "...Any mercenary force trained by you, Dallows, would be all kinds of awesome." - Flying Ace
Expanding Fronts Mod
ONOLULU
Clone Trooper
posted 12-14-16 09:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Thank you! I think I will wait for the next release then, because I have also tried to tribute the "eaten" food, but this does not exactly allign with what I intend. Looking forward for the new release.
Captain Keno
Clone Trooper
posted 12-15-16 07:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Wait, this is possible? Because that sounds like a cool idea. Interesting concept for a scenario design...
Hey, Whenever your scenario or campaign comes out, I eventually wanna see how this concept plays out onolulu.

This could also make for an interesting strategy for a multiplayer scenario too.

[This message has been edited by Captain Keno (edited 12-15-2016 @ 07:24 PM).]

ONOLULU
Clone Trooper
posted 12-17-16 04:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Well, now with the new expanding fronts release it is possible, and quite easy to do! And it fits perfectly to my scenario. Im still at 50% with my scenario so I encourage you to try it out yourself!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

SWGB Heaven | HeavenGames